cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Remote activates other devices

Go to solution

I have an old BT box and a new EE TV box Pro. When I use the BT remote to turn on the BT box it also turns the EE box on and off and the EE remote also turns on the BT box as well as the EE box. Is there anything I can do to ensure that each remote only activates the box with which it came? 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Remote activates other devices

Go to solution
Flaps of cardboard taped to the top of the boxes to cover the IR sensor of the box not in use.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you Gomezz guru... I do use both boxes to record programmes, so I would need to remove the cardboard every time I wanted to use the second box. It may be the only solution though.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

The Pro Box remote operates on bluetooth. My understanding is that once it's paired, it no longer sends IR commands to the box, only a paired TV. So in theory, if you were to block the IR sensor on the Pro Box, each remote should only operate its own device.

So firstly check that bluetooth is paired by by trying to operate the Pro Box from another room, or at least with the front of the box blocked. If it is but is still sending IR to the old box, try resetting & re-pairing. If still no joy you could try taping off the IR emitter on the Pro remote.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

That seems to work thank you so much! I had to block the entire front of the box though, as I'm not sure exactly where the sensor is. Can you advise on that please?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

The BT version of the Pro Box has the sensor pretty much in the middle. I understand that the EE version is the same box in a different cased, so try there first.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@Janda16 @rbz5416 @gomezz 

My paired Box Pro remote is not issuing any IR that I can see on camera, and is not operating my T4000 or my Box Mini even though I am right in front of them. (But it’s still working the Box Pro itself, even though that is upstairs in a bedroom!)

The remote for the T4000 does operate the EE Box Pro, though. I have successfully addressed this by putting a black COVID mask over the black square to the right  of the Box Pro’s centre EE logo, which I think is where the IR sensor is.

This setup would let me have the Box Pro and the T4000 side by side, without either remote operating the ‘wrong’ box.

The T4000 though, is actually in the same downstairs location as my Box Mini. As above, being paired, the Box Mini remote does not operate the T4000; but I don’t need to mask the Box Mini from the T4000 remote, as I have placed the Box Mini out of line of sight.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings