cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Sky sports BT TV US Open tennis

If I understand correctly Sky Sports are not intending to provide all court US Open tennis coverage to BT TV subscribers thus providing significantly reduced  coverage to BT TV subscribers.
If true this is disappointing and I would hope that someone in BT TV would ask the question why and look to provide a better Sky Sports service on  BT TV and/or the NOW app  which should have the capability to offer extra matches streams.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Sky sports BT TV US Open tennis

Sky are providing live feeds of all the courts to their SkyQ and Sky Stream/Glass subscribers.

It looks as if VirginMedia will also be offering all those feeds too.

But regular Sky+ customers and BTtv customers will only get two channels - Areana and Action. Main Event will copy one of those.

Not seen if NOW will have all 16 courts.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 3 of 12

They are discussing this on the NOW help forums, seems there are 3 bonus streams available on many devices, not sure that is enough to cover 16 courts though.

I guess you will find out for sure on Monday. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 4 of 12

Must be a small selection - there will be 16 full time court feeds available.

@stereohavenwrote:

They are discussing this on the NOW help forums, seems there are 3 bonus streams available on many devices, not sure that is enough to cover 16 courts though.

I guess you will find out for sure on Monday. 

Message 5 of 12

Today  Sky Sports Arena is covering the US Open qualifiers  yet the EPG on BT TV has not been updated , it shows live Super League Rugby Catalans v Wigan as scheduled for that channel.

so changes to the EPG  BT Sky  are not reaching BT [YouView) EPG.

There needs to be a better (monitored) process,

I think I found the Catalans v Wigan on Sky Sports Action  which of course is not listed in the BT TV EPG?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

It would appear to me that all courts are available via the NOW app on our BT Pro tv box.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

This for me is a great example of why the YouView home screen is so dated and it doesn’t appear to have any resource behind maintaining the EPG or content links.

The home screen is missing a discovery section (or even several), right at the top that can take you straight to trending or important content that is or is not on a live channel.

This is one of the major reasons people always end up back at Sky, even though it is like dancing with the devil!

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 8 of 12

Seem to have no sound on the bonus stream for Court 17 .

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Same on all UK platforms

@zulu17wrote:

Seem to have no sound on the bonus stream for Court 17 .

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Well court 17 is effectively the Fourth most significant court at the Us open so no sound does impact viewing significantly.

The catchup/on demand content currently being provided on the now app is what I can only describe as very disappointing  with only two matches from each day and a 26 minute days highlights programmes only appearing. Even that is delayed in being put on the app.

Certainly  a very poor experience. BT really need to ensure that Sky provide a proper app experience for the sports content that is part of the BT TV Big Sport package as the Now app  does not seem up to the task currently.

0 Ratings