cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Sky sports uhd false information

Just a heads up to let you know that the staff who you speak to on messenger on here are giving out dud information. According to a agent called Raji sky sports uhd is available on bt TV for an additional £7 per month - it isn't. Shouldn't staff be properly trained? 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Sky sports uhd false information

I wonder if he/she knows something that isn't public knowledge yet?

£7 is a really weird amount to quote, I don't think anything currently costs that as an add-on so it's a weird number to throw out there.

Sadly, sales have said some weird and wonderful things over the years to try and get you to sign up or due to poor knowledge/training.

You should be able to cancel though if Sky Sports UHD is important to you. Even if he/she has let something slip that they shouldn't, I doubt anyone will be able to confirm or deny from a BT/EE perspective officially.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

I believe that £7pm was the charge for Virgin Media customers to add Sky Sports UHD to their package when it was introduced in February 2023. They get Sky Sports Ultra HD 1 and Sky Sports Main Event Ultra HD for that. Virgin customers wanting to upgrade must already have Sky Sports HD to upgrade to Sky Sports Ultra HD.

Message 4 of 9

I've emailed Raj and notified him and his manager of his mistake (and of this post). Thanks for flagging.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Cheers. How can someone get it so wrong? If I could I'd go back to sky now that I have a 4k tv, but I'm stuck for 18 months. Unbelievably sky is no dearer and you get more for your money 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

@stereohaven according to the retention advisor I spoke with, my Pro Box was UHD and therefore I'd automatically get UHD on Sky Cinema, Entertainment and BT and Sky Sports 🤣

This was another tick in the reasons to leave BT box... The training quality has seriously dropped since I stopped doing it 🤣

Message 7 of 9

@NigelB72 🤣

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@NigelB72 

Oh, you will get UHD. 

It’s just that 3 out of every 4 pixels will have been invented by the Pro box, instead of being provided in the data stream 😛

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
Message 9 of 9

@danbat72 "Now" doesn't currently offer UHD/4k to any customers. EE/BT Sky channels are from "Now".

0 Ratings