cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Sky sports via NOW app and EE TV, cant stream on two devices

Go to solution

New to BT this week, I have subscribed to TV and Skysports, via the NOW app.

Trying to watch Sky on the TV box and on the NOW app on an ipad.

Have followed the procedure of set TV to a different non-NOW channel, log-in on ipad - Sky sports i available, go back to TV box, select NOW, says 'devices' exceeded. Turn off ipad, TV box works.

I can't find any combination where I can stream two NOW channels simultaneously.

Is there a solution! Hope so, as I subscribed on this basis.

As a total last resort is NOW Boost any good? Does that allow three streams without any complications?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Sky sports via NOW app and EE TV, cant stream on two devices

Go to solution

You actually need NOW Boost to stream on more than one device at once.

If you don't have it, it explains the problem you are having.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Apparently not ...... 

this is from NOW TVs website  ...... 

For NowTv:

BT customers can watch on 2 devices at once (as long as one is a BT TV Box and you start streaming in the correct order), or 3 if you have NOW Boost. If you're watching on a BT TV Box, to watch on 2 devices at once you'll need to leave the NOW channels and start watching on the NOW app.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/bt-support#

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

I wonder if that's been broken, either intentionally or accidentally, with the move to EE?

@DarrenDevwould normally be the one to ask but I think he said he was off on holiday yesterday. @David_H?

Failing that you'll need a BT TV subscriber with the time & inclination to test if it still works.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

HI @stevetee 

You mention 

“New to BT this week, I have subscribed to TV and Skysports, via the NOW app.”

Can You advise which TV pack you have from BT/EE . I ask this because now Sky Sports comes with the Big Sport and Full Works(VIP] TV packs or can be added as an addon to other TV packs.

Also  on the TV box (which I presume is the Box Pro) are you watching from the EPG (guide) so for example Sky Sports main Event would be channel 420 or are you going into the NOW App itself ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Zulu,

we have 'Big Sport' if its called that.

Yes, on the TV box i am watching Sky sports via the NOW app, I didnt realise you could watch it any other way?

How do you get the EPG as a long numerical list? eg Channel 420 etc

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@stevetee 

I think I see the confusion here.

You said you went back to the Now app on the YouView box, having started a Now app on another device.

But you can’t do that, the second usage here needs to be you watching one of the EE TV channels from the EPG.

Try that, see if it works, see if it does what you want.

But it’s much more straightforward to have Boost; besides being able to use three devices at once, you get HD and 5.1, no ads on On Demand (though you still get promos for Now programmes before your requested content starts), 1080p (HD) rather than 720p (HD Ready), and (maybe) 50 fps instead of 25 on Sky Sports, though this is device dependent.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Sorted!

Thank you Zulu,

1 Watch Sky  sports channels through the EPG (I didn't realise you could do that).

2 Watch what you want on the NOW app on ipad.

0 Ratings