cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 131 of 221

Re: Skysports UHD channels on my TV today

Only my thoughts. 

With NOW launching  the ultra Boost addo n product then really all NOW customers  ought  to be able to add it to their accounts  irrespective  of who bills them.

It is reasonable  that only a sellection of devices that have NOW apps have the UHD channels supported  at launch. These should be listed  (as I believe  they are) so customers  can make informed decisions  of whether to take the Ultimate  Boost addon. As NOW membership may be used across different devices the absence of UHD channels on some should not meanthat subscribers cannot order to use on an enabled device.

Specifically with respect  to EETV the package arrangement  to date has been for the Now membership  channels also to be available as linear channels within the EETV  EPG and Recordable where the box supports this. Generally  adding/removing/changing additional  channels to the EPG and subscription packs would be expected to follow a normal existing process. Whether there is additional  complexity  due to adding  a second and more UHD channel is unclear.  Clearly  say recording/watching  two UHD linear channels in IP mode may present  some possible  bandwidth contention but is that very different  to say currently recording TNT Sport Ultimate  from the EPG whilst watching  an UHD stream from one of the box Apps.

Message 132 of 221

Not many people would do it but its entirely possible to record the Ultimate and Ultimate HDR channel at the same time, and these channels are packaged up Multicast to be about 60Mbps, on the very odd occasion ive seen Ultimate HDR to be at 70Mbps, that was the Porto Arsenal game and it looked amazing.

At this point I would happily just pay Now another 9 quid just so I could have the channels on the apps, I have Apple TV's where I can watch it, having it in the planner will be nice eventually but its frustrating to be locked in this manner. Seeing as the HD addon for EETV is 6 pounds a month and not locked to a contract....IE I can remove that addon any time, if I do I still cant then go and get the Ultra Boost addon direct and utilise it via the Now app. And even if I could, Now Boost, HD and TNT Ultimate are all included in the 6 pounds, so if in theory if I cancelled that addon and I could then be free to get UltraBoost direct....i'd now have lost HD across all my channels and TNT Ultimate.

So its a case of waiting init....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 133 of 221

Given that EE/BT will not allow customers who get below 44mbps access to ch 433 & 465, I’m beginning to fear the worst when the new features are introduced. We only get 51 Mbps and I was told that we would not be allowed the extra box subscription before we signed up to BTTV. So, we obtained our own extra box from elsewhere, and it works fine with no issues. I remember commenting on that Porto v Arsenal game on here at the time. I was watching it and my O/H was streaming something else in HD in the lounge. It looked amazing.

Message 134 of 221

Yeah BBC and that are only around 20Mbps, I did a post somewhere about what channels pushed what but I can’t find it. It was on the thread were someone was complaining about TNT Ultimate barely being 1080p.

Two boxes would work fine with 50Mbps for normal free to air stuff.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 135 of 221

@naylor2006 

There’s nothing in the world, except cost and pride, to stop you subscribing to Now directly, independently of EE TV, to get the UHD.

Best to use a device other than a Pro box or EE Apple TV box, on both of which (I  presume) EE TV flips your Now app back to your EE TV login every chance it gets, though.

But, though I’m not sure how much of a nonsense it is to post highly compressed iPad screenshots, I don’t see much difference between the originals, one Now on my Apple TV with Ultra Boost, HLG HDR, and one Now on a T2110 upscaled from 1080p by the 48” LG C2 both screenshots are taken from (sorry about the window reflections):-

IMG_1454.jpeg

IMG_1455.jpeg

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 136 of 221

@Midnight_Voice I’m on a 24 month contract dude with my Big Sport, so I cannot go direct at the moment, I’m not even 6 months in!

0 Ratings
Message 137 of 221

@naylor2006 

Having been thoroughly wrong-footed by Now, or YouView, or both (don’t these guys talk to each other about what’s coming up?) I’m sure EE TV will be scrambling to provide Ultra Boost in rather less than 18 months 😛

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 138 of 221

This is my hope!
0 Ratings
Message 139 of 221

@naylor2006 From all that we’ve been told, we know that it’s on the way. I think that you’ll just need to sit tight and trust the process. As a full fibre customer with the Big Sport package you’re exactly who they’ll be pulling out all the stops for to deliver. At least you’ve got a couple of United games on TNT Sports to look forward to in the early weeks of the season. Who knows, it might all be sorted in time for the games against Liverpool, Palace  and Spurs on Sky in September.

Message 140 of 221

Got to Navigate Fulham first, lovely Friday evening game.

Yeah patience is key with anything like this.
0 Ratings