cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 221

Skysports UHD channels on my TV today

Browsing the channels on my TCL Google TV I have had Skysports F1 UHD (and Skysports UHD 1 & 2) in my guide in the Now TV app today. Watched the grand prix on it and it looked good, although I have no idea how to check the stream stats on this TV. Wasn’t available on my EETV box via the Now app. Maybe they’re testing at the moment, or maybe another glitch - they’ve had a few recently. Last week I couldn’t access any bonus streams and today I had the UHD channels! Encouraging for the future though I would think.

0 Ratings
220 REPLIES 220
Message 2 of 221

Re: Skysports UHD channels on my TV today

Someone reported a few weeks ago on another forum that these channels had appeared on the EPG on the NOW app on their Firestick. It seemed to have happened in the early hours of the morning but they were not able to view anything when they tried. I agree that it does appear to be encouraging.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 221

There were further reports yesterday on another forum of those channels appearing on the NOW app on a Samsung smart tv and the Chromecast with Google tv 4K. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 221

Yeah I also saw these reports as the race ended. Didn't appear on my Now app via my Pro Box or Apple TV but did on my PS5 where I had F1 UHD and the UHD Sports 1 and 2 (didn't see Main Event though) the F1 channel worked but seemed be the HD version the UHD Sports 1 gave me an subscription error.

So definitely encouraging (and unexpected) news as having just left Sky Stream for Now sports in UHD is the one big miss.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 221

Yes, that someone was me. Im thinking this is testing for Sky Sports+ and the addition of UHD on the platforms, both direct and through suppliers like EE.

I didn't see them on my Roku yesterday, but to be fair, i wasn't looking so....!

Message 6 of 221

Launching at the same time as Sky Sports+ would make sense but I'm a little surprised (and not counting my chickens) that they'll offer it particularly directly via Now with all the offers that are around, even if boost has an additional cost for UHD, as you could argue it would risk 'cannibalising' Sky Stream.

I cancelled Sky Steam because once my contract ended it would cost roughly double the cost of Now just to have Sky Sports in UHD.  I certainly won't be complaining if it happens!

Message 7 of 221

This is incredible news, even just Main Event UHD would be amazing, if this also ended up natively in the EETV Planner also even better. TNT Sports Ultimate HDR being the only one of that type so far 😕

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 8 of 221

@Popeye13_Official  I knew that it was you on DS, but I didn’t want to name you on here, even though you’re a very highly respected poster on both. 

Message 9 of 221

I appreciate your kind words.

Message 10 of 221

I'd be more inclined to think that along with the Bonus Streams failing to play on Friday, it was just a **bleep**-up.

As @tweetSP0RT said, Sky have absolutely no incentive to harm their own subscriber base by making USP content available cheaper elsewhere.

0 Ratings