cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

TV in another house

Go to solution

Hi

I can't seem to find the answer to this question anywhere so I'm forced to ask before I just go ahead and try 

My situation, I have BT Broadband so I am eligible for BT TV/EE TV at a good price which I want to take up but I have Sky TV.

My partner has no TV, so would I be doing anything wrong if I added TV to my account and I paid it but used it in my partners house, which is different to the registered account where the broadband is? 

Could I just go ahead and do this without any back lash or what? 

Many thanks 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: TV in another house

Go to solution

Hi @DStruct   I can’t answer your question but does your partner have BT Broadband, if not it is a showstopper. If they do, then why don’t they add TV to their account (even if you pay for it)?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi,  no they do not have BT Broadband 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
As suggested , if you ordered BTTV and then ( once the equipment turns up ) tried to connect it to a non BT broadband line , it won’t work
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@DStruct 

If your partner has no TV, then they won’t be able to watch anything, no matter who their broadband is with 😛

But I don’t think you quite meant that? Did you mean no streaming TV?

However, while EE TV, as added live streams, utterly depends on BT Broadband, it’s not true to say it won’t work at all.

You would get the loan of a BT Pro box, a YouView recorder on which you could perfectly well record any broadcast TV channels, and you would get one or more Now subscriptions, via which you could watch Now streamed programmes on any device that supports Now - again the Pro box (though you don’t get subtitles on that, a job-shopper for me) - or very possibly on the TV, and certainly on any Roku device or Amazon Firestick you might own or purchase.

But the question here is would it be economically viable, even at any advantageous price you might be able to get, compared with just buying a YouView box, from eBay or CeX, which could be one of the older boxes, cheaper than the Pro box, and subscribing directly to Now?

Especially when you consider that starting the cancel process on any Now subscription usually produces an automated retention offer, at half price or better.

The added channels that don’t come from Now muddy the waters, if you want the non-Now Sport and Discovery, but these again are things you simply can’t get from BT TV without BT Broadband.

I have BT Broadband, and so could choose to subscribe to BT TV if I wanted, but I don’t. I have several YouView boxes, and I am subscribed directly to Now. The BT TV channels even show up in my EPG, as they do for every YouView box on BT broadband, but without BT TV, I can’t watch them. (And if I wasn’t on BT broadband, they wouldn’t even show up).

I have a suspicion that if I was into Sports, that might tip the balance and make BT TV viable for me; but as I’m not, I manage quite well without it 😛

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Would casting from the app on the OP's phone work?
0 Ratings