cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: There is no option to connect bt TV pro to wifi

My box had the option for wi-fi but it failed to connect and I tried everything I could think of and it failed.

There is wi-fi for some people but it looks like it simply does not work for many.

I posted about it https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/BT-TV-Box-Pro-Connecting-via-Wi-Fi-is-not-possible/m-p/2...

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

Thanks for the responses. I did connect the box via Ethernet . It did an update and finally the product matched the instructions in the box. So wireless now working. So it seems that the instructions should be - first-time connection must be via Ethernet to the hub. This will allow the box to gets the latest software update. Then you can go into BT Tv , select settings and change the connection to wireless. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

That would depend of the software version of the box being provided.

@Peterryanhomewrote:

Thanks for the responses. I did connect the box via Ethernet . It did an update and finally the product matched the instructions in the box. So wireless now working. So it seems that the instructions should be - first-time connection must be via Ethernet to the hub. This will allow the box to gets the latest software update. Then you can go into BT Tv , select settings and change the connection to wireless. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

😂 well yes .... but as of today the instructions are wrong and the box is one that was delivered,new,  this week . So the instructions in the box are incorrect and easy to make them cater for either eventuality . 
the fact that I have had to come to this community for help suggests the manufacturer needs to fix something in the instructions. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

They could at least reference the issue in the online setup guide. I see there's also no mention of the 5GHz limitation.

I wonder if the box is hardware limited to 5GHz or just that 2.4GHz is disabled by firmware? Seems an odd thing to implement either way.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

I had a look at the user  guide  both a printed copy and the copy at

https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/help/user-guides/BT-TV-Box-Pro-WiFi-User-Guide.pdf

the 5GHz connection is mentioned on page 2 ( Getting Started step 5)

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

ozsat_0-1642770021803.png

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

@zulu17wrote:

I had a look at the user  guide  both a printed copy and the copy at

https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/help/user-guides/BT-TV-Box-Pro-WiFi-User-Guide.pdf

the 5GHz connection is mentioned on page 2 ( Getting Started step 5)

I specifically referenced the online setup guide, not the manual, as that would be easy to update. There is no reference there to either the potential need to update firmware over ethernet first or the 5GHz limitation.

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/set-up-bt-tv/tv-box-pro/wi-fi

Message 19 of 21

Thanks everyone! 
I used the Ethernet cable and updated the software. I had my tv box and my router strung across my living room like a washing line. 

Some feedback to BT:
You are shipping hardware with both incorrect set up instructions and incorrect hardware descriptions. There is no reset button on the TV box, either on the front right or on the back. This lead me on a bit of a wild goose chase. 

I'm used to dealing with software / hardware issues as part of my job but many, many people will be completely stumped.  

As far as I can see in this thread, there has been no help from BT, only responses from the "community".
Again, thanks for the responses. I'll leave the 5ghz support for another day 😉
C

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

There is a button on the right-hand side of the box which is not mentioned in the manual.

@Christy2wrote:

Thanks everyone! 
I used the Ethernet cable and updated the software. I had my tv box and my router strung across my living room like a washing line. 

Some feedback to BT:
You are shipping hardware with both incorrect set up instructions and incorrect hardware descriptions. There is no reset button on the TV box, either on the front right or on the back. This lead me on a bit of a wild goose chase. 

I'm used to dealing with software / hardware issues as part of my job but many, many people will be completely stumped.  

As far as I can see in this thread, there has been no help from BT, only responses from the "community".
Again, thanks for the responses. I'll leave the 5ghz support for another day 😉
C

0 Ratings