cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Troubke with getting 2 channels

Go to solution

Can anybody tell ne what is going on this afternoon?

This afternoon,suddenly for 15 minutes or so the whole lot of listings of programmes on youview you couldn’t get onto.  I am talking about from BBC1(1) right through until 271.  After 15 minutes or so,the listings all came back up.  Trouble is,since then,programme 82(talking pictures) and 84(PBS America) are no longer showing on the bt youview listings.  Checked usual things like connections,re-tuned programme listings several times.  Does anybody know have these programmes been taken off packages of bt?  Thanks.  

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Troubke with getting 2 channels

Go to solution

Hi @Iamgrandna1 

Look like there has been hopefully short term issue with the reception of Freeview channels.

Freeview uses several different mixes that transmit a collection of channels

Talking Pictures  and  PBS America are I believe transmitted on the same mux.

So it looks like you lost all muxes reception for a while and then most have been restored although you have an issue with one mux.

Suggest you try a retune on your box. Later today to see if this restores the missing mux channels.

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Will try once again later today as you say with retuning the channels - did try yesterday into the evening with no luck re-tuning,but will give it a go later on today.  Thanks for yr reply.  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Just tried retuning now.  Great!  The programmes are up and running again this morning.  We enjoy progs on history (on PBS) and talking pictures.  The only thing worth watching on television these days,unless you watch netflix subscription! Will bear this in mind next time and try the following day to retune channels - instead of the same day.  Why oh why cannot the bt or channels tell you they are going to do something to them BEFORE it happens so that people on bt are warned  I ask?  Or do they do it already?    Thanks for yr help anyhows.  Iamgrandna1

0 Ratings