cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: What a disaster!!

@l0586 

I'm with you. I would return my BT too incorrectly on my part I thought it was 28 days not 14 days cool off, my fault.

Trying to save a few pounds has certainly cost me with my viewing experience for sure 😔

Sky still haven't sent the packaging to return Q even though I'm out of contract. I may call them see what they are offering now to sign back up and cut my losses.

Hmmm let's see......

Good luck with your decision @l0586 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 24

@PJCORNELLYwrote:

If Apple had an EPG app like Freeview Play these providers like BT would be over because what they offer is actually very little for your money.

You can get live Freeview + PVR functionality on an Apple TV if needed for an initial investment and assuming you are OK with a bit of tinkering.

I can't link to solutions here, but Google "HDHomerun" or "Plex DVR" and you will get the drift.

@PJCORNELLYwrote:

I dumped Sky a month ago as costs were crazy £71 a month, no sport in that.

Did the £71 include broadband?

As I said in the other thread,  sometimes you physically have to leave to get the best deal, but it will come.

I gave notice as I wasn't happy with what was offered at renewal and even had the return packaging arrive. I was about a week from switch off before I finally agreed a new deal.

I have everything except kids (including Sky & BT Sports), multiroom, UHD etc. and pay a few pounds more than your quoted costs above. I know others that even have it for less if you check out other forums on the net there are threads dedicated to the art of negotiating with Sky. 🤣 

That said, price isn't the be all and end all, so while I may keep my TV with Sky, my broadband is returning to BT next week and that will cost me more money, but it has been the fastest, most reliable connection from any ISP I have had.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

@stereohaven 

I'm looking into HDHomerun.

My £71 covered,

Annual increase (hence termination)

Multi room, UHD, Entertainment & movies, Netflix 4K pack NO sport NO broadband.

After looking to cancel it dropped to £56, I said needed to be nearer £45 but they said no, so I cancelled.

Since they have tried to get me back offering my exact same package at £26 over 18 months.

So frustrating. had they offered £26 during negotiations I'd have stayed no question.

Apple by far is superior, ease of use all round quality it is just the epg interface missing 🤔

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

The HD home run looks a good option but they are out of stock

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 24

Typical.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

... and we're still waiting for these channels to be available over broadband; I get pixelation on my ITV reception and the app doesn't include live TV. I have come to realise BT's value is purely for the broadband and the TV  offering is pretty poor, since we rely on aerial reception and after three visits from the sub-contractor, I still have poor aerial reception. I never watch BBC TV any more, because the reception is poor and the iPlayer is a good app. Unfortunately, the ITV app is a very poor cousin.

Once my contract is up, I expect to cancel the TV subscription and just keep the broadband. Chromecast and web apps will replace the TV subscription.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

Freeview channels have been available over broadband for a few months now @SimonG62
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

Thank you, Darren. Nice to know. I guess it's been kept low-key. I have a BT Pro box, so hopefully I'll be able to sort it out - in time for the England World Cup game on ITV this Saturday. Cheers.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 24

Instructions are available here: https://www.bt.com/help/tv/set-up-bt-tv/aerial (switching to internet mode).
Message 20 of 24

@SimonG62 

1. Disconnect the aerial from the box

2. Factory reset the box

3. Repeat setup process. If you don't get the option to receive Freeview over the internet it's probably because you ignored 1. above