cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Wrong regions on new EE TV account

I live near Dorchester, and in IP Mode, I get offered South West, England; West, England; and Wales.

But not South, England which is where our broadcast signal comes from, from the Rowridge IOW transmitter.

I can see why we would be offered ‘Stockland Hill’, or even ‘Mendip’, analogues where we are, but even Freeview don’t suggest any Wales transmitters for us,  their second choice being Rowridge for our address.

The waters are muddied slightly by our estate having its own relay station, that pulls in Rowridge with every mux present, but only slightly muddied, as an ordinary domestic aerial in our postcode should be able to pull in the main muxes from Rowridge.

Slightly frustratingly, when we choose South West as our main entry, the range from 800 up does show our South (BBC) and Meridian (itv) channels, and they are sorted in below each West entry, but above each Wales entry.

If the choices in TV Channels followed this same sequence, then Wales would be dropped and South could be selected, and make our 1 and 3 channels the right regions; but I know neither why the 800+ sequence is the way it is, nor why the Channels display must know it has four options for us, yet offers only three 😢

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber, but with a few issues still to be ironed out ***
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Wrong regions on new EE TV account

The regions are mapped based on postcode - BBC and ITV provide us with this mapping on a periodic basis. I'm afraid there's currently no flexibility to change it.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

@DarrenDev 

Thanks for that. Is there somewhere I can lie about my postcode to fix this, or is it based on one that has to be inconveniently accurate?

But I guess the broadcasters are accurately telling you about my area, or I wouldn’t have South in the 800s at all. Just that they are giving you four answers, and YouView is only presenting me with three.

Unlike if the broadcasters didn’t even suggest my region at all, which you certainly couldn’t do anything about.

So I wonder what the rules are by which the broadcasters present you with the options, and by which YouView elects to drop the exactly wrong  one, something that should be in your gift to fix?

But if all else fails, who do I write to in those organisations to tell them they have it wrong, or at least are presenting the information in a sequence  that causes you to fail to list my option, and which they could perhaps change? Miles to transmitter would work.

Not of course that my Box Pro will be in anything but broadcast mode going forward 😛

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber, but with a few issues still to be ironed out ***
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Sorry, I missed an important detail in your first message - you say you were offered 3 regions. Our logs show you were offered 4:
GBR-ENG-south_west
GBR-ENG-south
GBR-ENG-west
GBR-WLS
Are you able to provide a photo of the region selection screen please? I'll get it raised as a bug.
Message 5 of 15

@DarrenDev 

Snap, crop, compress 😛

Yes, I was indeed offered four regions, in the case of the BBC, one on 1 and the other 3 on 800 - 802 as here, local programme chosen to show which is which, itv same difference, so your logs are quite correct:-

IMG_1481.jpeg

However, the YouView selection screen only offered me three of them, as here:-

IMG_1479.jpeg

Exactly missing out the one we wanted, now on 801 as above.

NB: just found a saving grace for IP Mode; Rowridge on broadcast has gone walkabout. IP Mode of course totally unaffected 😇

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

I have to ask, just in case - have you tried pressing up when on the region selection screen?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

@DarrenDev 

You do, quite right, good thought, and no I hadn’t tried it, but up doesn’t go anywhere 😢

All you can press on that screen as shown, the one you get navigating to the choices and pressing OK, is arrow down, to bring the two lower options up through the focus; then you can press arrow up, but it goes back to South West, England, and won’t go above it.

Good possibility to eliminate though, and you sent me back to my armchair to try it 😛

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Shame you just can't swap the channels, a feature a lot of tv's give nowadays. Youview seems so inflexible.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Can I please confirm - this issue is on the TV Box Mini, right?
Your TV Box Pro is in aerial mode, so out of our control (the aerial signal decides the regions offered).
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

@DarrenDev 

Rumbled 😛

Yes.

But I can now confirm that the Box Pro does exactly the same thing, probably to no one’s surprise.

Even down to what happens in the EPG at 800 - 802.

0 Ratings