cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: YVM104 error

Another Smart Hub 2 installed on 18th Jan - speed 52M download.

All OK until this morning when it was down to 24M - called BT and told I need a Qube visit.

After going through cancellations - which you should not need to do - a higher level OR visit now booked in.

After I started the call I opened the curtains to discover it had been raining overnight.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

@ozsat 

YVM104 isn’t ’No Internet’, it is ‘cannot load that service at this time’. So it’s more fine-grained than ‘no internet’, though that would certainly cause this error.

But you can certainly have the internet still working, for many things, and still get YVM104.

It does sound like water in the cabinet, though. While fibre should be impervious to water, unlike copper, I guess there are still copper things in there, like relays and amplifiers, dragging your connection down 😢

Message 13 of 15

OR visited and find no issues at all - again.  They try to explain to BT that the issue is NOT with the data rate dropping but the broadband throughput dropping.

They say that water in a connection somewher would show the data rate changing  -  that is always constant within a couple of meg. Broadband currently dropping by a 20+Mbps each time - one a day (overnight). Has been a 24Mbps drop each time this week.

BT guy told the OR tech that the issue is because the customer has turned off the Wifi on the Hub. Would not except the fact that BT said to switch the Wifi off to ensure it isn't a device do a rogue connection via wifi.

BT then said the issue is a faulty Box Pro and are replacing it.  Ignoring the fact the broadband speed drops with the Box Pro switched off and being unplugged from router.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

BT replaced all the connected kit in the house and all was good for five days - new Hub and tv box - cables etc.

But issue is now back with a nightly broadband drop (data rate stays fine).

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

This is ongoing - but the YVM104 error has not reappeared.

Yesterday OR visited again and confirmed the DR was fine at 58Mpbs down - and also confirmed that he was seeing the broadband download throttled at 23Mpbs on his own device. This cleared back to 51Mpbs on a router reboot.

He removed all devices (including tv box) so his was the only one - and still fixed at 23Mpbs.

He did a 'lift and shift' and I was then getting the expected 51Mpobs downooad. He said the card I was on was reporting errors and that was possible that was dropping the download speed - but agreed that a fixed drop every night is more likely to be an automated process running somewhere but perhaps relted to the card errors..

He said there were no errors at all on the new card and all should nw be good.

At 5.30am my broadband download is back down to a constant 23Mpbs. One day last week it had dropped to 14Mpbs.

BT keep closing the fault every few days say "I have told them it is faxed".

BT close my complaints after a few days without speaking to me or doing promised callbacks.

We know it is not a rougue device unless it is a inherent fault in the Box Pro - we are on number three now.

The issue occurs with only one PC connected via Ethernet and wifi disabled. But BT will not take open a fault if wifi is disabled. It also occurs with no Ethernet devices connected and just one signle wifi device.

0 Ratings