cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: you view connection

Go to solution

Can watch all the channels until I connect the You View. then it say EE account needed. Would it solve the problem if I changed the box to a different make?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution

So are you saying your TV can receive Freeview directly from the aerial ( so proving the aerial OK ) but your BTTV box won’t progress past a setup screen asking for your EE account number ?

There doesn’t seem to be any restrictions applied by BT/EE  in using this  old equipment to watch and record Freeview, ( there are other restrictions but not that ) but it’s a relatively old box  and may well have  just failed , and it won’t progress past this boot up stage ,  your house move is simply a coincidence and this issue may well have appeared at your old address .

You obviously can buy a Freeview+ set top box , in some respects you presumably have had use of a box originally supplied to a BT customer for free ,  for quite some   time  , that box  could have been disabled as soon as the BT subscription that supplied it was cancelled, the fact that these ‘ex’ BT customer boxes continue work at all ( without a subscription ) seems overly generous to me , and any BTTV box  supplied on the same basis after 2019 needs to be returned once the subscription ends .

Personally, if in this situation , rather than thinking I’ve been ripped off ,  I would be thinking how fortunate I have been in using this box effectively for free until now 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

First a comment about the box which is described as T2110

the DTR2110 is the retail version of that generation BT badged box.

(DTR2100 was the BT box supplied with  BTTV packages   , DTR2120 was the box supplied with PlusNet packages).

Next back to the issue - you have confirmed that your TV has a working aerial connection

It would help if you confirm what happens (when using the Youview box) to access Freeview - i presume your Youview box is connected to the TV by an HDMI cable and that your Youview Box has an aerial connected to it.

If you press guide on your Youview remote which channel do you see listed first and if it is not BBC 1 what happens if you press 1 and OK.
if you have moved location since last using your Youview box you may need to retune your box if you are in a different transmitter area. I assume you have a working Freeview aerial in your new home ,