cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarolineS2
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

0x800CCC92 error persists

Is anyone else having this issue today? I have been unable to send and receive BT email through Outlook and get two errors: one that my password is incorrect (it isn't) and the other that the server doesn't respond. BT won't support me because they say it is an Outlook problem - it isn't. The error message is clear: 
reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings. The server responded: -ERR [SYS/TEMP] Server error - Please try again later.'

It is a BT problem. I have signed in and out of email. I have deleted the account in Outlook and reinstated it. Nothing seems to work.

and I have just signed a contract for another 18 months of this rubbish ...

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Rob364
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: 0x800CCC92 error persists

If you Google that error you will that it is a MS Outllook error. As I don't use outlook I have never had the error so I cannot give you a definitive fix however there are a considerable number of entries on Google.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: 0x800CCC92 error persists

It may be Outlook giving the error but the problem will be with the BT servers, they tend to fix themselves after a while.

0 Ratings