cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vinny-irl
Message 11 of 15

Re: 421 Too Many Messages - fails to send emails from any Android email App but works OK in BT Webma

I too am having this problem as well,and its just started happening over the last ten days, so annoyed with BT, once i seem to get one problem fixed another starts, and to think i pay for this **bleep** service ,

I am using mozilla thunderbird from a windows 8 computer

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 15

Re: 421 Too Many Messages - fails to send emails from any Android email App but works OK in BT Webma

@Vinny-irlwrote:

I too am having this problem as well,and its just started happening over the last ten days, so annoyed with BT, once i seem to get one problem fixed another starts, and to think i pay for this **bleep** service ,

I am using mozilla thunderbird from a windows 8 computer

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Just to clarify, did you read through the other posts in this thread to see if anything was relevant?

Does this happen for every email you try to send, or when sending to multiple recipients?

There's no apparent reason for the issue - but can you login to webmail :-

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

to see if you can get in alright without any problem.

You may need moderator help to solve it, though other similar posts have not given much of an idea how to fix it (if it was fixed - mainly due to the original posters not feeding back any details)

0 Ratings
Nightlight
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 15

Hi,

I've got the same problem, email clients cant send any emails but webmail works fine.I have NOT been sending bulk emails and hav'nt noticed anything strange with my account.

I was told there is a setting that needs to be reset at your end as it is'nt resetting after 24hrs.

Could you please look into this for me?

Thank you,

0 Ratings
AlanM9
Message 14 of 15

I've just started getting the same message when sending from Outlook using my btinternet account.  

I've got 2 other (non-BT) accounts also set up in Outlook, and these can send EMails OK.  Also, I can send EMails from within BT Webmail.

After a frustrating hour on bt chat yesterday, I :repaired Outlook

Deleted and re-created by btinternet account on Outlook

Removed Office 2013 entirely and re-installed it before re-creating all 3 EMail accounts

and still I get the :

Sending' reported error (0x800CCC67) :'
The server responded: 421 Too many messages (2.3.2.2) from 86.165.204.33

error when trying to send.

I've seen various posts suggesting that there is a counter that needs to be re-set on the bt server. Is this correct, and has anyone found a way of getting it done?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 15

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Who advised you to delete the accounts and reinstall Office?

If webmail works, but you get a mail server response as shown, it can't possibly be a client failure, but a server issue with pop3, imap or smtp access for your account.

The account could be locked due to the stupid system believing the account is somehow compromised when it is not. Sometimes a password change can help, but if you do - wait at least 15-20 minutes before retrying Outlook.

If that fails, then moderator assistance is required to get the account checked.

0 Ratings