cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

£5 a month email charge

Go to solution

Is it correct that the £5 a month email charge which is taken from my bank account by standing order for my btinternet.com email address is payable even though I have a BT broadband account (in fact I pay for two broadband accounts  across 3 landlines at home). Back in 2010 I was paying £1.53 month for this and now it is £5 a month (£60 a year). (I checked old bank statements on-line today which go back to 2010 although I have had BT broadband from about 1999 I would guess and been a BT customer since about 1984).

Or is the £5 only supposed to be for non BT broadband customers? I do not want to change or lose that email address but it is the only one I use which is btinternet.com. I presume it may be something complicated to do with yahoo as well I suppose. (I use it as my backup email address on thunderbird email system/firefox. I don't use web based email).

I can see internet posts about £5 charge for those who leave BT broadband (I have not left)  and perhaps for "extra" btinternet.com email addresses and may be mine counts as "extra" but if there is some different email address which is free and I don't use I don't know about it and have never used it and would not want a different email address anyway.

Any advice?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: £5 a month email charge

Go to solution

There is no charge for btinternet.com email accounts if you are a current BT Broadband customer. Its possible that the email addresses have not been associated with your broadband account.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Jane2018,

If you have BT Broadband you would get your BT Internet email address included in that package. I agree with @Keith_Beddoe, it sounds like your email address hasn't been associated with your Broadband account. I'll be able to help you with this. 

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the quick reply. I have sent an off board message via Contact the moderators.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Jane2018 Thanks for taking my call earlier and sorry for the time taken to get the Premium mail address successfully moved over to the broadband account. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Jane2018 wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. I have sent an off board message via Contact the moderators.

Hi.

Don't forget to keep an eye on any possible future £5 charge ...

0 Ratings