cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

550 spam, or phishing or malware

Go to solution

550 spam, or phishing or malware

from looking at other posts this issue is ongoing, as i am finding, and there is no update provided

can someone please advise what the outlook fix is here

thanks

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: 550 spam, or phishing or malware

Go to solution

Hi @RaymondHendry, welcome to the forum, and sorry you are getting this error when trying to send emails.

If you try to send the email from webmail does it send ok or do you get the same error?

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

Hi John,

I haven't tried webmail.

Is it owa/mail.bt.com?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

and people wonder why they get inundated with spam.

Please delete your email address, this is a public forum viewable worldwide.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @RaymondHendry, please try using webmail at https://www.bt.com/email and let me know how you get on.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

Hi John

Webmail didn't work. I'm assuming that there has been an Outlook update and our servers haven't been updated?

Sorry your email could not be delivered due to content policy reasons. Please check your message content for URLs, content and subject matter that could be construed as Malware, Spam or Phishing before retrying. (6-1-3-1) ID (613943C60A43EB4F) [Err code: 553]Sorry your email could not be delivered due to content policy reasons. Please check your message content for URLs, content and subject matter that could be construed as Malware, Spam or Phishing before retrying. (6-1-3-1) ID (613943C60A43EB4F) [Err code: 553]
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

@RaymondHendry wrote:

Hi John

Webmail didn't work. I'm assuming that there has been an Outlook update and our servers haven't been updated?

Sorry your email could not be delivered due to content policy reasons. Please check your message content for URLs, content and subject matter that could be construed as Malware, Spam or Phishing before retrying. (6-1-3-1) ID (613943C60A43EB4F) [Err code: 553]Sorry your email could not be delivered due to content policy reasons. Please check your message content for URLs, content and subject matter that could be construed as Malware, Spam or Phishing before retrying. (6-1-3-1) ID (613943C60A43EB4F) [Err code: 553]

Hi @RaymondHendry 

Thanks for posting back.

I am sorry you're seeing that error code when trying to send emails.  Are you using a VPN by any chance?  If you are, can you disconnect from the VPN and try sending the email(s) again please?

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

No. I am not using a VPN. The issue has only occurred in the past 7 days. Prior to then, I was able to email the contacts without any issues.  I have spoken with the company and they are unaware of any issues at their end.  

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks for confirming that @RaymondHendry 

Sorry for the recent problems sending emails from your mailbox.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

Hi @RaymondHendry, thanks for your PM and, good news that your email account is now working again as it should.

cheers

John

0 Ratings