cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

550 spam, or phishing or malware . . .

I've just had an occurrence of this problem that seems to have been around since 02/2020 or maybe longer. I had no problems sending the identical email from my gmail account but every attempt I made from my btinternet account failed. BT expert - what is the cause of this everlasting problem?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: 550 spam, or phishing or malware . . .

I had the same problem last Friday and spent a long time fiddling with the message contents to get it to be sent out by Outlook 2016 on my desktop through a btinternet address. Only solved by sending from a non-bt address.

Please find a way of fixing this. I was sending to a membership list containing <20 recipients.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @mandylifeboat & @jb_bse

Welcome and thanks for your posts!

I am sorry for the problems you guys have experienced.  Have a look here for some help: BT Email - best practices for postmasters and senders of email

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@jb_bsewrote:

I had the same problem last Friday and spent a long time fiddling with the message contents to get it to be sent out by Outlook 2016 on my desktop through a btinternet address. Only solved by sending from a non-bt address.

Please find a way of fixing this. I was sending to a membership list containing <20 recipients.

There is no way of fixing this, despite what the moderators ask people to do. BT will NOT entertain that it is their appalling system at fault.

As you have seen, send via a non BTinternet address - and continue to do so. Stick with that address, tell all your contacts and update all online logins etc. It might take 2-3 months, but you will be better off for it - as will everybody else.

Simply stop using BTinternet email.

0 Ratings