cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

553 Error

Go to solution

553 error - Overly twitchy system preventing me from sending a ordinary, harmless, routine emails. Seems to happen every few months (although it shouldn't) and then magically clears after a couple of days. Pain in the proverbial, how to lose customers.

Hope it "magically" disappears soon this time.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: 553 Error

Go to solution

Hi @B-L2 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your BT email. That message normally means your email isn't authenticating or the spam filters don't like part of the content, I presume you're using an email client? If so can you try changing the subject title of the email to see if that helps?

Also, can you send it if you log in to webmail at www.bt.com/email

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for reply.

Aye, know what message thinks it means. There's nowt wrong with titles or content, they're just routine emails I've sent many times before, indeed one of them is part of a conversation using the same title all the way through. It's bt.com/email I'm logged in with.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@B-L2 Thanks for getting back to me, we can ask our email experts to look at the server logs to see what's triggering the error. I'll send you a private message so you can send over your details.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings