Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

554 Message Rejected for Policy Reasons - Please help

Go to solution

Hello,

Happy New Year to you.

We are a dental practice and we use a Gmail account. When we send emails to patients with a btinternet.com address we get a blocked message response saying  "554 Message rejected for policy reasons (2.1.2.3)". This has been happening since Dec 2022.

Our IP address, Gmail address and website address are not on a blacklist (Spamhaus). Other users like #molar59 and #dshamilt have had the same problem and they said it was rectified when their Gmail address was removed from btinternet spam/filters list. 

Please could you help us solve this problem as we find it difficult to contact patients.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: 554 Message Rejected for Policy Reasons - Please help

Go to solution

See the following link.

You will need to contact the BT Postmaster with your problem and they should be able to help. The email address is in the linked page.

Going by previous posts this can take some time for the Postmaster to reply to you.

BT Email - best practices for postmasters and senders of email | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you #gg30340

I have emailed BT postmaster a while ago and yet no response from them. I have heard that a BT moderator can fix the issue more quickly. I would be grateful for their assistance.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

The moderators generally only put people in touch with the Postmaster. If you keep emailing the Postmaster they will eventually reply.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you #gg30340

The problem has been fixed automatically. Hopefully, there will be no issues in the future.

0 Ratings