cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Access from Cyprus

Cannot access BT E-mail on my laptop whilst visiting Cyprus - keeps sending me round in a loop of change password and then message "something went wrong. Please try again later"

Help urgently needed for work....!!!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Access from Cyprus

Hi @Jaguar6650 Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having trouble accessing your BT email account, did you manage to get this sorted?

Can you provide a bit more info on how you access your emails, do you use webmail or an email client on your laptop? Can you log in if with your email address and password at www.bt.com/email 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

How are you accessing your email, is it when using an email client/app or are you using a web browser?

Have you tried using a different Internet Provider's network in case it is the network that is blocking it?

EDIT: Post crossed with the moderator's.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I always log in via the E-mail menu item on the BT.com Home page. It always worked both at home in the UK and at my home in Cyprus - UNTIL now when I've returned to Cyprus after 21 months absence.

It now appears (without telling any of its customers) that BT has restricted access to the BT website and e-mail to only residents in the UK and N.Ireland.

So I've now had to download a VPN to my laptop to enable me to access my e-mails etc. Success after much stress and inconvenience..!!

Perhaps someone in the upper echelons of BT could explain their attitude to this issue...!!!! 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

BT does not restrict access to your email account when abroad. 

Have you tried using a different Internet provider's network per chance it is you ISP that is causing the problem?

Have you tried using it on a mobile phone using 3/4g connection?

0 Ratings