Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amy1295
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Access to my emails

Help, 

Since Thursday this week (2 days ago) I haven't been able to access my emails. I spent around 2 hours in total on the phone to BT yesterday trying to resolve the issue, only to be told that they have no record that I ever held an active btinternet email address. I've had this same email address for around 15 years. 

Eventually they found my email address, but told me that it wasn't registered to me. I spoke to the security team, and we eventually found my email address and it was somehow registered to my grandfather (who is 80+ and has never had the internet in his home!)

Still I cannot access my emails and at the moment BT are unsure where to go next to help me, luckily I sent an email earlier this week to a family member so I have been able to forward this email to the security team to show that my email address was infact active, but now I'm stuck!!! I really need to be able to access  my emails. 

Help, any advice welcome 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
NeilO
Message 2 of 5

Re: Access to my emails

@Amy1295 I'm really sorry about that, did the email team manage to get this sorted?

0 Ratings
Amy1295
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi, 

Unfortunately not, I have contacted BT again today and there are no updates for me. I have to try again on Wednesday. By which time I will be without email for a week which isn't ideal. 

Amy 

0 Ratings
gav70
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

i have had a similar issue with my sub accounts which stopped being accessible from last thursday/friday. BT are still working on it although BT have confirmed all sub accts are active. My primary email works though so not sure whats going on. they suspect its to do with the BT id being linked to a sub account as they also said they did a system upgrade last week and a few email accts were affected

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 5

@Amy1295 sorry about that, do you have a BT broadband service with us at the moment?

0 Ratings