cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Accessing webmail always tells me to set up two step verification, even though I have

I haven't tried accessing webmail for a very long time but yesterday I tried one of my email addresses and it told me I needed to set up two verification. This I did and now when I look at my details it says I can edit the settings. When I log in to MyBT I get a passcode and everything is fine there. But when I access webmail I still get the notification that I need to set up two step verification and it won't let me in. I get bumped to enter my BTId again even though I was already logged in.

Any ideas? The email I want to access is stated as being active on MyBT but is different to my BT Id. But that shouldn't matter should it?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Accessing webmail always tells me to set up two step verification, even though I have

Hi @beekyg, welcome to the forum, and thanks for your post. 

If you've created an email address (rather than gifted an email address) for friends & family and two-step authentication is switched on, then each email address will be asked for two-step authentication.

In this case, the account holder can request that the email address be gifted and the 2SA won't be needed for that email address.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings