Message 31 of 45

Re: Accessing yahoo after migration to Bt mail using delegated authentication

no longer works
0 Ratings
GMac45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 45

I empathise... see below... but still no valid reply from YAHOO... the redirection to BTINTERNET mail login is their problem not BT's... we should still be allowed to log into our old UK YAHOO FINANCE portfolio's using an @btinternet.com email address and NOT be redirected.... simples... let us see if Ms. Brinded can sort it.
hollimana
Beginner
Message 33 of 45

I resolved this issue but it took a while.

I contacted BT and they decoupled my btinternet email address from Yahoo.  This meant I had to create a new Yahoo account and recreate my portfolio from scratch.  I could not find any other way around it.  I tried all sorts of things the folk on here recommended and nothing worked.

hollimana
Beginner
Message 34 of 45

It was BT that resolved the problem for me - not Yahoo - they decoupled my btinternet account from Yahoo.

GMac45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 45

Re: I cannot sign up for Yahoo Finance today with my btinternet email.

Cookies and Caches ARE NOT the problem... see other replies above. The problem remains UK YAHOO FINANCE redirecting all logins with an @btinternet.com email address to a BT email login site... the only way to login to YAHOO FINANCE now appears to be with an @Yahoo.com email, but this does not allow access to your olde portfolios
0 Ratings
GMac45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 45

Re: I cannot sign up for Yahoo Finance today with my btinternet email.

Does not appear to be... see other posts... but I have sent a message to Lianna Brinded via LinkedIn, we will have to wait until she replies. The problem is YAHOO redirection, not BT Login.
GMac45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 45

I understand that, but then you had to set up a YAHOO account to access you YAHOO FINANCE PORTFOLIOS and rebuild the portfolios.... YES???.  I want to access 5 year's of portfolios with my still existing @btinternet.com username, YAHOO is preventing my from doing this.  I wish people would read these posts and stop replying to my problem with answers that have nothing to do with the previous problems.  There has been no solution to this redirection problem which only started occurring after BT updated their email but YAHOO did not update their redirection to a BT Login page for @btinternte.com users.  

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 45

I have merged the two threads that were running so that everything is in one place instead of repeating messages and jumping between two threads.

GMac45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 45

Thanks for that Distinguished Sage but until Yahoo actually read this thread or BT put them wise to it I cannot see a solution and Yahoo will certainly lose me as a customer.  I have wasted a day on it and will now simply wait a few days for an answer from someone, but it really only YAHOO who can sort it by giving former BTInternet customers access to their Portfolios instead of simply using the quick fix of redirecting them.  I cannot rewrite their access code for them but from friends who work in IT it is about a 10 minute fix by someone with access to the Yahoo code.  When Corporates who were once working together fall out, their customers are the losers.  I have a good mind to dump both YAHOO and BT after 30 years... so much for the end of BTYahoo.  I do not intend to waste any more time on this I will simply use Simply Wall Street (which I use to analyse my portfolios anyway) as my Portfolio Tracker in future.  Not as convenient or a means of recovering the last 5 years of Historic Portfolios, but I suppose COVID is destined to give is all a rethink and a fresh start 

0 Ratings
Flyboy
Beginner
Message 40 of 45

I use Chrome as my search engine and your remedy doesn't work for me I'm afraid

0 Ratings