cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
quabba
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Account Suspended - Who to Complain to??

Go to solution

I'm hoping someone on here or maybe the Mods can answer this one.

I've not had access to my BT email address since friday 2nd Sept.

Since then I've spent numerous hours on the Chat help and also hours receiving phone calls from the useless email help team from India.

I've had this email address for over 10 years and to simply lose access to it by no fault of my own is ridicuoous.

So far I've received 6 phone calls from India stating that the account was compromised and has been deactivated and theres nothing they can do to reactivate it. They also claim that there is no one in the UK that I can talk to as email is controlled by India.

I've informed them many times that I work in IT and that my password was very secure. Surely it is BT's responsibility to make sure their servers are secure. I have an account with them so I expect my data and details to be secure. If BT can't gaurantee that then they shouldn't offer the service.

My question is, who do I complain to next?

The "email level two team from India" refused to give me their names and simply said there is nothing that can be done.

Surely to god BT backup their data. I asked this question and was told they do not - which I found laughable and unbelievable.

The situation now is getting beyond a joke and I know I'm not the only one having this problem.

BT Management must do something about this and release a statememt instread of trying to fix things secretely and one account at a time. It's obviously a widespread fault.

In light of the information I've received from India, I will now be looking into moving my business phone, broadband and leased line accounts from BT.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Account Suspended - Who to Complain to??

Go to solution

As you say you are a business, is this a BT Business (btconnect.com) e-mail address you are having problems with, as the normal residential e-mail service cannot be relied upon for critical business usage?

0 Ratings
quabba
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Hi Keith,

No. The email address concerned is my personal address.

I mean I'm considering switching my companys accounts from BT as I now have no faith in them.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

BT Retail and BT Business are different things. The service given by BT Business is totally different.

The BT Residential e-mail service has always been a bit hit and miss. You only have to read the posts in this forum to see that.

I am just a BT customer, but do not use BTs own e-mail service for anything important.

Remember, this is only a customer to customer help forum.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @quabba

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your posts!

I'm sorry that you've been having problems accessing your email address.  I appreciate the time you have taken to contact us about this.  You can send us over your details and we will look into this from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
quabba
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

@RobbieMac

I've already done this last week and waiting for a reply. I keep getting phone calls from India telling me the same thing. Nothing they can do which I find ridiculous.

Last phone call was yesterday afternoon by a so called manager who again wouldn't give me her name and told me nothing they can do and they don't back their data up. Also no-one in the UK can help as India deal with email.

Incredible lack of service from a company this size.

0 Ratings
bluezebra
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

I've had exactly the same thing, I've been logged out for no reason since Thursday, keeps telling me to change password.  I have spent in the region of 4 hours on the phone to several people in India, no one can help.

It has been escalated to level 2 who cannot fix it and there are no managers or supervisors prepared to speak to me.

I have lost emails and contacts which has cause a massive inconvenience to me.

Did you find out how and where to make a complaint?

0 Ratings
quabba
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

@bluezebra

I feel your pain. It's been nearly two weeks for me now. Still don't know the relevant complaint path.

Do BT even care about their customers??

Doesn't seem like it to me

0 Ratings
cheesed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

I am worried that I too have lost my BT email address. I tried to access it yesterday to send test emails to keep it actviated (I don't use it for emails any more but it's been used to set up various applications) only to find that (a) I couldn't get in because of the bug from ?July 2016 which leaves you in a loop when you try to login and (b) at one point a message appeared saying that my email was suspended and would be permanently deleted THAT VERY DAY - how bizarre is that?

From looking at both other customers' current experiences with India and my own from last year when this account had to be reactivated, I am loath to contact BT India as it seems to be a frustrating waste of time. Last time one of the mods put me in touch with some Irish guys who dealt with India for me: it still took, if memory serves, a week of phone calls to get the account reinstated, with lots of false dawns of "It should be working now - it isn't? Leave it with me." I'm grateful for what they did, but now it needs to be done all over again.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @quabba,

Your access should have been restored by now. I can see that Michelle, from our BT Care team, has tried contacting you and has since sent you a text message. If you need anything else, send her a reply so she can arrange a call back.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings