cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quabba
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 16

Re: Account Suspended - Who to Complain to??

Go to solution

Hi @DanielS yes it's fixed now. Thanks for the help

0 Ratings
cheesed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Dear Daniel S,

Any chance of someone looking at my problem? See post above yours.

An application is asking me to confirm my email address, and I can't because bt.com won't let me log into it. Instead of the warning message telling me to use my email or lose it - and I couldn't log in and keep it active because of the known login bug - I now get this:

'Sorry

Your BT Mail address no longer exists but you can sign up to another one at any time in My BT.

Visit MyBT to sign up now.'

Please fix this.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @cheesed,

I'm sorry you haven't been able to access your email address. If you send me in your details, I'll be able to take a look at this for you.

You can send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
cheesed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

Here's another masterful piece of nonsense from BT...

I had an idea: log into myBT, then set up an email with the same address as the one BT has just trashed. They say it no longer exists, so I should be able to set it up, yeah? So. I log into myBT, try to log into my old email and I get the

'Sorry

Your BT Mail address no longer exists but you can sign up to another one at any time in My BT.

Visit MyBT to sign up now.'

message.

So I click on 'Visit MyBT', thinking it would take me to a page for setting up a new email.  That's how I would've written it when I was a S/W engineer. And where does it take me? To a page headed 'Log in to My BT' - but I'm already logged in!

I log in a second time and NOW I get the page for adding an email address. So I try to add one using the name I had before. Remember, BT just told me 'Your BT Mail address no longer exists'. But when I try to re-use that name, it tells me 'Sorry, that email address already exists.'

Do they do this sort of thing deliberately, or do they just not care?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

If an email address is deleted it is in "suspended" form for 60 days and in theory should be able to be re-activated by the account holder.

See link  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44499/~/why-has-my-bt-mail-address-been-deleted%3F

If that is what has happened to your email account you would not be able to create a new email account using the same email address during that time.

I believe that even after the 60 days has elapsed, the email address is not released for re-use for some time after that.

I would suggest that you contact the moderators as per their contact form and let them deal with it. They are busy at the moment and they are taking about 5 working days to get back to you instead of the 48 hours as indicated on the automated response you will receive when you submit the form.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @cheesed,

Are you still having problems with this? can you let me know how you're getting on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings