cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 31 of 92

Re: Account Suspension Message : Déjà vu ?

Go to solution

Hi Mepa11,

Thanks for letting me know.  I will pass this info on to our email team.

In the mean time please rest assured that your email will not be deleted if you are using it and that BT are continuing to look into why this message has appeared for some users.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
COMPANY-PENSIONER
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 92

Go to solution

@SeanD wrote:

Hi Mepa11,

Thanks for letting me know.  I will pass this info on to our email team.

In the mean time please rest assured that your email will not be deleted if you are using it and that BT are continuing to look into why this message has appeared for some users.

Cheers

Sean

Good Afternoon All.

In pursuit of easing towards a completion of the issue. Not only does logging-on through BT.com, not clear the issue. The issue is, also not cleared by making changes to "Contacts", and saving the changes.

Tried a couple of things; no good.

Best regards. COMPANY-PENSIONER [ CC1960. Concordia Res Parvae Crescunt ]. Smiley Sad

• Nil illegitimi carborundum
0 Ratings
Jules1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 92

Go to solution

Threat of suspension on all 3 of my email addresses is still there today - 19 days to go!  And yes, I can also confirm that logging into these addresses through BT ID, or through BT Mail does not result in these messages disappearing. Although we are being told no email addresses will be suspended, since they obviously have not found a way to stop these messages from occurring, I am thinking they similarly will have no control over whether the email addresses are suspended either! I am seriously thinking about changing to my gmail address on my most used websites until this is sorted out.

0 Ratings
JohnnyDog
Message 34 of 92

Go to solution
Yep, logging into the account does definitely NOT CLEAR the message,

Maybe one day they will sort this out along with the useless spam filter
0 Ratings
Buckdenmill
Beginner
Message 35 of 92

Go to solution

I too have the message:

Your email was last used 22/09/2014 22:55:41. If you don't login before 19/07/15 we will suspend your mailbox. You have 18 days to use your mailbox

Although this seems to be a known BT error, it has not or cannot be fixed.  So I echo the previous sentiments; if BT don't know what is causing it and they are unable to fix it, then they are also likely to be unable to stop my five mailboxes from being deleted.

Fortunately, I still have an eleven-year-old steam-driven tesco.net email address which glides on like a dream.

Question: Is there anyone out there who has exceeded the suspension deadline, and if so what happened, please?

0 Ratings
nicmcckip
Aspiring Expert
Message 36 of 92

Go to solution

I Have this too on two email addresses.

My main Email says: Your email was last used 25/09/2014 23:31:41. If you don't login before 22/07/15 we will suspend your mailbox. You have 21 days to use your mailbox."

My confirmation email when i swapped from BT Yahoo to BT Mail Says: 

Welcome to your new BT Mail Account
25/09/2014 - 23:31

It's got to be more than a coincidence.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Buckdenmill
Beginner
Message 37 of 92

Go to solution

No, probably not a coincidence.  My 'last use' date/time is (following having my iPad stolen by the room maid at Luxor Hotel, Las vegas.... be warned) when I logged in again with a new iPad after a My BT password reset.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 92

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Buckdenmill
Beginner
Message 39 of 92

Go to solution

Thanks for that; I'm aware that it's a known error, but I have yet to see any response from any users who have survived the suspension deadline.

My concern is that in 18 days time all my mailboxes will close because my suspension messages were in fact valid (according to BT systems) and were not one of these known errors.  Reading through this and other forums regarding these error messages, the thought of having to deal with BT and the days and effort involved fills me with dread.

Is there anyone out there who has survived the suspension deadline, please?

0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 40 of 92

Go to solution

I've just noticed I have this message as well. I use an e-mail client so I wouldn't normally know but I just thought I'd have a wee look.

0 Ratings