cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 92

Re: Account Suspension Message : Déjà vu ?

Go to solution

This has happened twice in the past and I have never seen anybody posting on the forum that their email account was suspended on or after the deadline date on these previous occasions.

BT have stated in the link I posted and the moderators have stated that no account will be suspended and going by the previous lack of customers complaining that their email accounts were suspended I don't think you will get any more assurances about this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Buckdenmill
Beginner
Message 42 of 92

Go to solution

Thanks for this, I shall make another posting the day after my suspension date (20th July) and let everyone know what happened.

0 Ratings
COMPANY-PENSIONER
Aspiring Expert
Message 43 of 92

Go to solution

@Buckdenmill wrote:

Thanks for this, I shall make another posting the day after my suspension date (20th July) and let everyone know what happened.

Good Afternoon Everyone.

So, it will be interesting, as we get nearer the end-date, whether we all get an auto generated email from the machine, confirming or denying, that which alludes to "suspension".
I would have thought that you'd get ample, official, warning. Let's see what pans out !

Best regards. COMPANY-PENSIONER [ CC1960. Concordia Res Parvae Crescunt ]. Smiley Indifferent

0 Ratings
Talkdown
Beginner
Message 44 of 92

Go to solution
I too have the account suspension message and have, allegedly, 17 days to go to acct suspension despite using my email acct daily. I have spoken to various BT advisors who have all attempted to remedy the problem before saying that it is a global problem and will be resolved at some point in the future. I do have a non-BT email acct to migrate to if it all goes wrong but I would like to keep this one. If any moderator reads this then please could you contact me and use your influence, if any, to resolve it. I have recently written to BT to complain about their appalling account management but have had no reply. No surprises there, then.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 92

Go to solution

See messages 27 and 29 which are from the moderators.

0 Ratings
Talkdown
Beginner
Message 46 of 92

Go to solution

Thanks gg.

0 Ratings
lewi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 47 of 92

Go to solution

OK, I found this message yesterday on my primary BT Mail account:

Your email was last used 22/09/2014 22:51:28. If you don't login before 19/07/15 we will suspend your mailbox. You have 16 days to use your mailbox.

Ironically, my wife who is on a sub-account to me and who makes far less use of the account, is fine.

I am a high volume email user and log in via various devices on average 20-30 times a day. Like many others on this thread, I have tried all the 'log out' 'log back in' routines recommended by BT with no success whatsoever. Can we sue them if they do delete the account or should I email BBC Watchdog?

Trawling through the forums, suggests that this 'problem' has been around for some time. BT appears to make individual fixes to requests rather than come up with a global solution.

0 Ratings
RipleyJones
Beginner
Message 48 of 92

Re: MAILBOX SUSPENSION THREAT

Go to solution

Another victim of this, two of my email addresses both of which are used daily will be suspended on the 26th July??

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 49 of 92

Go to solution

Ripley-Jones

I have merged your post to the main thread on this subject which keeps everything together and saves repeating everything.

0 Ratings
lewi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 50 of 92

Go to solution

Thanslf ro merging my post to the main thread on this topic. Hopefully it will result in BT coming up with a solution to this problem.

0 Ratings