cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
642 Views
Message 51 of 92

Re: Account Suspension Message : Déjà vu ?

Go to solution

I have the same problem.  4 subsidiary accounts which I use daily to send and receive e mails.  The message form BT is that I haven't logged inot them since September 2014 - which is patently nonsense.  Spent an hour on the phone to BT today and made no progress.  I depend on these e mail addresses for my business and if the accounts are suspoended it will cause severe problems.  Can someone tell me how to get this resolved and the suspenbsion threat removed, please?

0 Ratings
Reply
lewi
Aspiring Contributor
636 Views
Message 52 of 92

Re: MAILBOX SUSPENSION THREAT

Go to solution

Dear Ripley-Jones,  Could you direct me to the main thread please? Thanks.

0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
627 Views
Message 53 of 92

Re: MAILBOX SUSPENSION THREAT

Go to solution

lewi, you are on the main thread.

 

Chrissross, if you have a read through the thread you will see that it is being dealt with and that as long as you are using the accounts it will NOT be suspended.

0 Ratings
Reply
lewi
Aspiring Contributor
609 Views
Message 54 of 92

Re: MAILBOX SUSPENSION THREAT

Go to solution

Ahh! Thanks Ripley-Jones Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Reply
COMPANY-PENSIONER
Aspiring Expert
608 Views
Message 55 of 92

Re: MAILBOX SUSPENSION THREAT

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

lewi, you are on the main thread.

 

Chrissross, if you have a read through the thread you will see that it is being dealt with and that as long as you are using the accounts it will NOT be suspended.


Morning gg30340, et al.


It seems that, as customers spot the proposed "suspension" notice, they're all a bit gob-smacked. I would suggest that most are not "techie", and more than a tad confused.

The use and rules of forum are not everyone's cup-of-tea. The thought of "suspension" in 13-days is frightening. Cyberspace, the internet, and social media are all well and good, as long as they're functioning correctly. What isn't a good place to be, is when they have a mind of their own.
Although the moderators have contacted the eMail team, and have secured some assurances; anyone under threat of "suspension" wants direct access to the team with the "fix-it-button".

The easiest way to deter customers from posting, is to fix the problem. But, as the problem is not service-affecting, it's more than likely parked on a 2-do-list. Until that time, we're all stuck in an age-old endless loop.

Best regards. COMPANY-PENSIONER [ CC1960. Concordia Res Parvae Crescunt ]. Smiley Frustrated

Nil illegitimi carborundum.

0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
596 Views
Message 56 of 92

Re: MAILBOX SUSPENSION THREAT

Go to solution

@COMPANY-PENSIONER wrote:

 

Morning gg30340, et al.


It seems that, as customers spot the proposed "suspension" notice, they're all a bit gob-smacked. I would suggest that most are not "techie", and more than a tad confused.

The use and rules of forum are not everyone's cup-of-tea. The thought of "suspension" in 13-days is frightening. Cyberspace, the internet, and social media are all well and good, as long as they're functioning correctly. What isn't a good place to be, is when they have a mind of their own.
Although the moderators have contacted the eMail team, and have secured some assurances; anyone under threat of "suspension" wants direct access to the team with the "fix-it-button".

The easiest way to deter customers from posting, is to fix the problem. But, as the problem is not service-affecting, it's more than likely parked on a 2-do-list. Until that time, we're all stuck in an age-old endless loop.


I am not trying to deter anybody from posting, they can post as often as they like. I am only stating that if they had taken the time to search the forum and or read the thread that has been posted they may find some reassurance that their accounts will NOT be suspended.

 

It also makes sense to keep all the posts about it on the same thread to avoid duplication of any answers and it also lets the poster know that it is not exclusive to their account, which can some times be reassuring to them.

 

As I have said in the posts and as you are aware, this has happened before and there have never, as far as I am aware, been any accounts suspended as a result of this notice. It has also been stated by the moderators and in a notice by BT, both of which are in this thread, that NO accounts will be suspended.

 

I do agree that the best way to resolve this problem is to fix it.

0 Ratings
Reply
COMPANY-PENSIONER
Aspiring Expert
541 Views
Message 57 of 92

Re: MAILBOX SUSPENSION THREAT

Go to solution

gg30340 wrote.

I am not trying to deter anybody from posting, they can post as often as they like. I am only stating that if they had taken the time to search the forum and or read the thread that has been posted they may find some reassurance that their accounts will NOT be suspended.

 

It also makes sense to keep all the posts about it on the same thread to avoid duplication of any answers and it also lets the poster know that it is not exclusive to their account, which can some times be reassuring to them.

 

As I have said in the posts and as you are aware, this has happened before and there have never, as far as I am aware, been any accounts suspended as a result of this notice. It has also been stated by the moderators and in a notice by BT, both of which are in this thread, that NO accounts will be suspended.

 

I do agree that the best way to resolve this problem is to fix it.



Hi gg30340, et al.

 

So, the "suspension" flag is ongoing, and has happened previously.

An obvious question is, what happens on and after the last day ?
Does the "suspension" reset to a future date ?
Does it disappear ?
What should forum members expect to see ?

Any insight into the future display would be appreciated.

Best regards. COMPANY-PENSIONER [ CC1960. Concordia Res Parvae Crescunt ]. Smiley Frustrated

Nil illegitimi carborundum

0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
533 Views
Message 58 of 92

Re: Account Suspension Message : Déjà vu ?

Go to solution
I thought you knew it had happened previously because you had posted about it before and by the name you gave this thread.

I can only speak about the previous times it happened and if I recall correctly nothing happened, no account was suspended and the notice disapeared.

What happened to your account the last time it happened to you. Was your account suspended , did the notice disappear etc?
0 Ratings
Reply
COMPANY-PENSIONER
Aspiring Expert
526 Views
Message 59 of 92

Re: Account Suspension Message : Déjà vu ?

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:
I thought you knew it had happened previously because you had posted about it before and by the name you gave this thread.

I can only speak about the previous times it happened and if I recall correctly nothing happened, no account was suspended and the notice disapeared.

What happened to your account the last time it happened to you. Was your account suspended , did the notice disappear etc?

Hi gg30340.

 

I posted previously, as a communal "Déjà Vu", a catch all.
Personally, I reported the "suspension" notice as a proper fault, slip number, and all that goes with officialdom.
I lost the "suspension" flag when the fault was cleared. Followed up by, a customer survey, and even more officialdom.
This time around, I thought I'd let it run, to absorb the alternative; whatever that happens to be. I'm not short of an email address or 3.
I'm not new to all this e-stuff; but there are lots who are, and are now experiencing the middleground, less than brokenside of cyberspace. But, what to do ?
I thought that the people who had experienced the "suspension" in the past, would chime into this post, with their conclusions; but then, maybe not.
Still, "S-DAY" looms, and all will be revealed.

Best regards. COMPANY-PENSIONER [ CC1960. Concordia Res Parvae Crescunt ]. Smiley Wink

I'm no great aficionado of Cyber Space. No, FACEBOOK, no GAMES, no SMART PHONE, no SMART TV, no TABLET, no TWITTER. I travel light, embracing the extreme minimum reaches of SOCIAL NETWORKING. What I do possess is a grasp of hands-on chip technology, from 8-bit onwards; dating back before ACORN ATOM, BBC MICRO, COMMODORE-64, ZX-Spectrum, and the birth of the Domestic Internet. I cast no shadow, and leave no footprint on the firmament of the e-Galaxy. My "Disk Activity LED" has more use of my PC, than I do.
"ANALOGUE": the exclusive, perpetually enduring, logic platform.

Nil illegitimi carborundum !

0 Ratings
Reply
bolsauce
Newbie
511 Views
Message 60 of 92

Re: Account Suspension Message : Déjà vu ?

Go to solution

This has happened to me twice before also, but after contacting BT on each occasion, the problem was rectified (eventually and painfully time consumingly) well before the 'suspension' date. 

This latest glitch hasn't been resolved as yet, so how anyone can say don't worry it won't actually happen when such a large organisation with all the IT specialists it employs is unable to rectify the underlying problem?

0 Ratings
Reply