cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 81 of 92

Re: Account Suspension Message : Déjà vu ?

Go to solution

As per BT's Terms and Conditions, ff an account is not accessed within 90 days it may be suspended by BT.

See link about suspension message

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45778

0 Ratings
IGS
Beginner
Message 82 of 92

Go to solution

I have a similar issue to you.

Received a message from no-reply@bt.com BT dated 7 October saying my BT email address was suspended.  It went on:

"If you want to keep it, you'll need to use it within the next 30 days by logging on at bt.com, using your computer email software (like Microsoft Outlook, or Mozilla Thunderbird) or checking your email on your smartphone. If you don't, we'll close the account and delete everything that goes with it – including your emails, contacts, calendar and notes – on 25/07/2015."

How am I supposed to rectify this if the deletion date is in the past??

If I try to log in to my BT email address it says:

"Sorry

Your BT Mail address is currently inactive.

To reactivate it, please visit MyBT."

If I then go there I get:

"Your email was last used 25/02/2015 12:43:17. This mailbox is suspended and will be permanently deleted on 25/07/2015.unless you reactivate it in next days."

Note that no number of days to reactivate is offered and no reactivation button is available.  I have tried accessing the Inbox but the Email and MyBT login pages then simply go round in circles and the email account is not accessible.

To my knowledge I did not receive any suspension notice earlier this year so this is the first occasion I have been notified to log in and keep my BT email address alive, yet it appears to be impossible to reactivate it!  I would like to retain the email address even though I admittedly don't use it very often.

Took this up with the BT customer helpline last week and the lady suggested there was a BT 'outage' and I should await a text message to say the outage was corrected, but I haven't received anything and so the problem persists.

Advice please.

0 Ratings
cheesed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 83 of 92

Go to solution

I have the same problem: my husband got the reactivation warning dated 7 October about my account, and I've been trying to reactivate the account and getting the same error message as you did.

At first this morning, I could get into the account (now I can't) - all the messages were gone but my contacts were still there, whereas a bt help page said the contacts would go if the account was deactivated. So was my account deleted or not?

I am currently talking to 'live assistance' and have been for, I would estimate, about an hour. It's appallingly slow. They eventually told me that if they reset my password for me, and send me the new password by phone, my messages will reappear. They haven't managed to do that yet. Now they're asking me to log in to bt.com, and that's locked me out. Every message seems to take about 5 minutes at their end. It's hopeless. It feels like they must be checking with a supervisor to see what to do next. I've just had a message saying, '...can you help me with the same' - what's that supposed to mean?

<headddesk> I asked what they meant, we seemed to get somewhere and now it's '...can you help me with the same' again. This is how it's going...

BT live assistance: Please give me a minute I will check with my resources and see if I can get it done from my end.
 I have sent you a pin on your mobile number can you help me with the same?
Me: What do you measn?
BTi: I have sent a PIN number on the mobile number you gave me can you check if you have received any text message on your mobile?
Me: Yes I have it
BT: Please help me with the same.
Me: What do you measn?
BTi: Can you help me with the text message that you have received from BT on your mobile which have the PIN number in it
Me: How do you want me to help you?
BT: Have you received any text message on your mobile from BT?
Me: I told you, yes I have it

+They just failed the Turing test.+

This has to be a bug, if not a collection of them.

0 Ratings
cheesed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 84 of 92

Go to solution

It continues on 'live assistance'...

BT: I have trued all the possible ways to get your e-mail account active however it seems its deleted completely from the server as the last time when you logged into the BT e-mail account was on 12/03/2015.
Me: I just got a recorded message saying I've set up online billing. I haven't. I do not have a BT account. What is happening?

BT: In order to get your account active you have received that text message.
Me: But my account is NOT active.
BT: I would suggest you to create a new account if you wish to use a BT account... (multiple messages at once)

Yes that's what I am trying to tell you that the e-mail address is deleted from the server on 09/08/2015 as you didn't sue it for more than 90 days...
BT: The last time you logged into BT mail was 12/03/2015.
BT: I would like to inform you that if you wish to use the e-mail services with BT you can create a new e-mail address by logging into MY BT account.
Me: I would dispute that, as I am certain I logged in since then, just to keep it active. Why did my husband get an email on 7 October saying I had (I think) 30 days to reactivate the account, yet now - 11 days later - you tell me the account is gone? How come I could see my contacts this morning but now everything is gone?

BT: I do understand, what I will do is I will raise this to the level 2 team for further investigation to check why is it happening as it shows deleted from the server however you were able to check your contacts and not the e-mail....
The concern team will get back to you within 24-48 hours.

+Whoopie-do.+

0 Ratings
cheesed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 85 of 92

Go to solution

'BT: I do understand, what I will do is I will raise this to the level 2 team for further investigation to check why is it happening as it shows deleted from the server however you were able to check your contacts and not the e-mail....
The concern team will get back to you within 24-48 hours.
'

I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone reading this that there has been no call from the 'concern team', and it's now getting on for 72 hours since that promise was made.

I would've been more surprised if there HAD been a call. And I'd've needed smelling salts if they'd actually said anything useful.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 86 of 92

Go to solution

Hi cheesed, 

I can see an email from you in our queue. One of the team will be in touch with you shortly and we will keep ownership of your case until resolution. 

Cheers,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
cheesed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 87 of 92

Go to solution

Thank you, OlgaC.

I assume the email is the one I put in myself via this forum yesterday. I have no idea what the 'concern team' is, and I still haven't heard from them.

0 Ratings
IGS
Beginner
Message 88 of 92

Go to solution

Cheesed

Thanks for adding to my post and raising the same issue - which I still have.

OlgaC

Can I also have the same problem looked into please, or do I also need to send an email and if so what email address do I report it to?  As my posting says, I initially raised my problem over the telephone with the Customer Services Helpline but this didn't help to resolve it.

Thanks all 

0 Ratings
cheesed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 89 of 92

Go to solution

Hope you're getting some help now, IGS.

Amazingly, my email account has been reactivated, with original emails. Many thanks to Martin of the forum team and to the Indian tech team who did this - it didn't seem easy, and I appreciate that they stuck with it until it worked again. Cheers, guys!

0 Ratings
IGS
Beginner
Message 90 of 92

Go to solution

No - no response, and problem persists.  Please could someone in the Forum team let me/us know how to get the same fix.  Pleased to hear your email has been re-activated!

0 Ratings