cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

Account and email blocked

This morning I received two telephone calls from 08456021111 a well known BT Scam call.

On checking my BT landline useage, the number was listed as Witheld. (It is now blacklisted) Time of calls were same as on caller display.

A few minutes later on checking my email, I discovered it was blocked by BT. The second time within the last few weeks.

Wondering if this is a coincidence, and if BT can investigate.

Have reset password and all back to normal. But it is an inconvenience and a time waster.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Account and email blocked

@5progfacewrote:

This morning I received two telephone calls from 08456021111 a well known BT Scam call.

The number is not a well known BT scam call, it's a text to voice service when someone sends a text message to your landline. Perhaps someone simply sent a text message to your landline by mistake (e.g. instead of to your mobile).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

I am aware that the number is used by bt.

Check this link for info.

https://www.unknownphone.com/phone/08456021111

Reported 995 times on that site alone.

The clue here is that caller display shows 08456021111 But in My BT calls useage it is listed as Witheld

Spoof number.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 8

It's just possible that the BT database has included that "withheld" spoofed number in their listing.
In the past I've had the odd "withheld" call listed but not shown on the telephone handset calls listing.

I'm not set to send withheld calls to junk.....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

It's not wise to block witheld numbers as many Medical centres withold their numbers.

Also, just after that call, I had one purporting to be Amazon advising me that my credit had been charged £89 and to press ONE if I had not ordered from them.

I blocked the number shown on my caller display entered it manually in the Blacklist.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 8

Yup!

The "Amazon "caller is one of the latest junk callers. An automated voice, as if using text to speech from a word processing utility. American voice.

Just keep alert with these callers!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

That's the one, what annoyed me however was having to reset my account password yet again. 

Anyway all sorted.

Merry Christmas .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Not exactly Solved. I would like to know how the email account was blocked by BT this has happened to me Three

times in the last two months.

Seems to be a problem at BT.

0 Ratings