cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alan4995
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Account locked out.

For two weeks now I’ve had no access to email or my online account. I have tried calling BT and using the online chat; I have been told several times this will be resolved within 24 hours,  unfortunately, BT do nothing, I tell them my working hours and when I will be home to receive a call; BT continue to call me in the morning when I am at work.  I am getting  nowhere fast with this, I have lots of information in my emails and BT can’t tell me why I can’t  or when I will be able to access it. This must be a breach of the data protection act?

i have BT mobile, broadband, landline and tv so I pay a fair amount to BT every month, but my treatment has been disappointing to say the least.  I used to rate BT highly, unfortunately I am now seriously considering moving everything to another provider.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Account locked out.

How are you trying to access your email account. Is it on a web browser or are you using an email client or email app?

If it is with a web browser, which one and have you tried a different browser.

If it is with an email client or email app have you checked that you  have the correct email server settings as per this link.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

What happens when you try to access it using this link

BT Email 

0 Ratings
Alan4995
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

This has all been tried, it’s my on line account as well. I can’t see my billing or access anything where I need to log in.
They tell me there is an issue that a special team needs to fix, but I get told this all the time and I am getting nowhere fast.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

Is your email account a BTYahoo email account or a BTMail account?

0 Ratings
Alan4995
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

It’s @btinternet.com

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

They are both@btinternet.com

Is there any Yahoo branding on the mail webpage?

0 Ratings
Alan4995
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

No, but even having no access to email, why css as my I log in to my BT account? I have BT TV, BT mobile, BT Cloud, BT Broadband! Surely locking me out of all of this and the ability to view my billing is wrong. To be fobbed off with it being fixed in 24 hours, managers are looking into it, we will call you tomorrow and fix it, this all wears thin after two weeks. I’ve had a BT email address for well over ten years and had no issues until now.

This seems to happen to quite a few people when you look at similar things in the forum

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

I will ask if one of the mods can take a look. They are very busy at the moment so might be a little while before they can respond.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 9 of 14

Hi @Alan4995,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you're having accessing your BTID and mailbox.  Is your BTID the same as your @btinternet.com email address?  Try resetting the password for your BTID here:  Reset BTID password

Post back and let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Alan4995
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 14

I have tried all that, the people at BT have tried all that but it needs some special team to do it. Unfortunately, I get calls whilst at work and when I do speak to anyone they say oh, I can fix that I will elevate it and inform my manager.

Nothing can be reset, by me or BT.  My login username for BT email, cloud and My BT are all the same email address 

0 Ratings