cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilLLangoed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: Account security - constant requests for password reset

Just spoke to level 2 email support. They have suggested the same, but leaving it 48 hours rather than 1. I'll post here how it goes. Thanks again for your help
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 17

@PhilLLangoed wrote:
Just spoke to level 2 email support. They have suggested the same, but leaving it 48 hours rather than 1. I'll post here how it goes. Thanks again for your help

Just so that you know, the level 2 suggested the same thing because they read this forum and now seem to understand that the users on this forum know more than they do!

0 Ratings
jethro
Contributor
Message 13 of 17

Spot-on - I have been subject to the ineptitude of 2nd line e-mail support for weeks - the usual mantra is ' BT does not support 3rd party e-mail clients' or ' there doesn't seem to be a problem' or some gibberish about problems with Exchange - I refer them to this forum and previous calls - I still don't seem to be able to get past these people in order to speak to someone who actually knows what's going on and can give a definitive and publishable solution or workaround - based on the experience of the contributors to this forum - which can then be formally tested and issued - simples, no?

Come on BT - be honest with your customers and admit there is a problem!

0 Ratings
PhilLLangoed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Yes - I've followed the process tier 2 email gave me - shut everything down and started up one by one. The next security "breach" came while nothing was logged in at all. I rang the "direct number" the guy had given me and it went to a switchboard, so had to go through the whole rigmarole again and eventually got a promise of a call back within 24 hours.

The call came while I was out, and there was a promise of a return call beyween 5 and 7 on Sunday - needless to say it never happened. Spoke to a woman on Monday who was no real help at all - told me the same guff and said she would call me back this morninbg as I have been away all week. I'll let you know how it goes. 

BT - I pay good money for this service, and your support is appalling 

0 Ratings
PhilLLangoed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

Well, I was assured BT would call this morning at 10. I have waited in, and it is now almost 5, and nothing. Hopeless.
0 Ratings
jethro
Contributor
Message 16 of 17

Join the club - if they call back it's never at the time agreed usually much later - that's of course if they call back at all - still waiting to get to the holy grail of someone in BT who understands the real problem! We wait in hope but don't hold our breath.

0 Ratings
PhilLLangoed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 17

Interesting - As BT seemed unable to solve the problem, despite their repeated assurances that it HAD been solved, I started moving stuff to gmail, step-by-step. 

On Thursday I  reset my password, moved a mailing list I receive through groups.io, and so far have had no further problems. Keeping my fingers crossed that this has sorted it.

0 Ratings