cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crostonblue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Active email account showing as deleted but is used daily for the last 15+ years

Go to solution

This is a strange one - under my broadband account I have a number of email addresses -2 for myself and 1 for my wife.

Its my daughters birthday today and she got her first mobile phone so I've set her up with her own email address which is working perfectly.

But - whilst doing that I noticed my wife's email address was not listed, I found it under the deleted addresses section.

My wife uses the email address on a daily basis for receiving (up to 40 mails a day) and sending (up to 20 mails a day), therefore why would an active email address that has been in use for many years appear under the deleted section?

My worry is that the address will suddenly stop working one day and my wife will lose all the emails (photos and attachments) in there.

Has anyone experienced this and if so does anyone know how I recover an active email address from being listed as deleted?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Active email account showing as deleted but is used daily for the last 15+ years

Go to solution

How does your wife access her email?

If it is only via an email app such as on a phone or tablet,while she should not need to do this , she should occasionally log onto the email account via a web browser in order to ensure that it is being recorded as being used.

See link about deleted email accounts and how to recover them.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44499/~/why-has-my-bt-email-address-been-suspended-o...

0 Ratings
crostonblue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Re: Active email account showing as deleted but is used daily for the last 15+ years

Go to solution
She logs in exactly the same as myself using the email app on her phpne and ipad as well as via outlook on her laptop.
0 Ratings
crostonblue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution
But like I said, her address shows as deleted but with no option to recover although it is still active and working.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Are you on the BTYahoo or BTMail system?

If you are not sure you need to log onto the email account via a web browser and check the BT logo. If it has Yahoo in it it means you are on the BTYahoo system.

I suspect that you will be on the BTYahoo system and your wife will be using the Yahoo email servers on her devices and because of that it is not registering with BT that the account is active hence the reason it is showing as being deleted.  It may be active just now but it could stop working at any time.

The correct BT settings are as per this link

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/6591

If she continues to use the Yahoo settings, as I said ,she needs to occasionally log onto her account via a web browser to ensure it is being registered on the BT servers.

You need to also do this with your email accounts or you run the risk of having your account deleted.

Can you confirm if she is on the BTYahoo service and if so you may require moderator assistance to recover/prevent the account from being deleted permanently.

0 Ratings
crostonblue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks for the advice, it gets stranger and stranger - just logged in using my wifes details and it come back with the 'As your broadband service is ending soon........' message. But I haven't long since renewed my broadband contract.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

I think there must be some sort of problem with your BT account that won't be able to be resolved on the forum.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 24 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

crostonblue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks for ypur help, greatly appreciated.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @crostonblue 

Sorry for the problems encountered with your Wife's email address.

I've sent you a private message asking for more details so we can investigate.

You can access your private messages by clicking here 

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @crostonblue,

Thanks for getting in touch. I called your land line number but missed you. I agreed that I would send you a message to the person I spoke with on the phone.

I have enabled the email address for you again. Can you try and log into it and let me know how you get on please?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings