cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Added email address for family member

Go to solution

I’ve just created another email address for my account for my wife and didn’t realise it’s actually a second address for me. I’ve since seen the option for creating an email address for someone else, which is what I should have done in the first place. Is it possible to move this address from me to her? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Added email address for family member

Go to solution

It's just an email address, it doesn't really matter who 'owns' it. Just gift it to your wife if you are really bothered about it. The only thing that the  'owner' can do is delete it.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Can you tell me why there is a choice then - an option to make an address for someone else, presumably with their password unknown to me?

Sorry if I’m being dim

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Anybody that knows the existing password of an email address can change it, so if you originally set your wife's password and she subsequently changed it, you won't know what it is. If the password is forgotten, the 'owner' can follow a process to reset it. The 'owner' can also delete the address if they wish.

To 'own' the address, your wife needs to have her own BTID. You can simply 'gift' the address to her if you wish.

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks bud - perfect!

0 Ratings