cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elliewc
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Adding Attachments to Email

I have recently migrated from Outlook (with a btinternet.com/yahoo email address) to using the full email site within Chrome.

I wanted to attach a photo etc to my email message but I was only offered the option of adding from things I had already posted by email. Which was nice but...

How would I attach a new item? Say from my PC desktop? or from a file, or my phone, or my PC photos or.....

Any help welcome.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Adding Attachments to Email

First of all, why on earth have you migrated from using Outlook to webmail, a completely backward step. If you insist on using webmail, you add attachments by clicking on the paperclip icon at the bottom left of the screen.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
elliewc
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Well, we'd have loved not to have gone to this but we had so many problems with Outlook caused by having a BT email... BT locked us out because our mailing lists were too long for 3 days for instance!

And kept asking for passwords on the screen overlayingand and and and....

And yes, I get the paperclip. I used it, but I was only able to attach items that had been attached previously in email. I was not able to go my PC desktop for instance to pick up a new photo and so on...

I want to be able to browse for my files.

Thanks anyway.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Any problems you are experiencing are not due to Outlook, they are due to BT's mail servers. Mailing lists are limited to 49 recipients. If you are regularly sending out large mailing lists, perhaps you should consider a more appropriate business mail service rather than rely on a best endeavours residential product.

The paperclip allows me to browse my PC, so not sure why it is not working for you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Use the Basic version. You can then select what file you want to get your attachment from.

Go to the cog icon top right > Settings then select Basic view.

0 Ratings