Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimmerP
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Adding @btinternet.com account to OUtlook 2016 & iPhone

Morning all,

For the past 48 hours, I have been struggling to add my @btinternet.com e-mail account to both Outlook 2016 & my iPhone.

Bizaarly, both were working fine up until Tuesday, however, issues arose which I've been unable to correct.

I've spoken with BT 3 times over the past few days, and they assure me the IMAP/pop3 settings are correct.

Can anybody guide me otherwise i'll have no hair left by the end of the day!!

Thanks - James

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Adding @btinternet.com account to OUtlook 2016 & iPhone

BT Business accounts use @bt connect addresses not @btinternet

This is a BT Residential forum.

If you are using the residential account for business, then please read this thread.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Is-working-from-home-on-a-residential-line-a-break-of-T-a...

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Have I missed something, where does it say he was using it for business or a btconnect account?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@gg30340 wrote:

Have I missed something, where does it say he was using it for business or a btconnect account?

Original unedited post in the RSS feed. 09:54.

"

Morning all,

For the past 48 hours, I have been struggling to add our business @btinternet.com e-mail account to both Outlook 2016 & my iPhone.

Bizaarly, both were working fine up until Tuesday, however, issues arose which I've been unable to correct.

I've spoken with BT 3 times over the past few days, and they assure me the IMAP/pop3 settings are correct.

Can anybody guide me otherwise i'll have no hair left by the end of the day!!

Thanks - James"

JimmerP
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

My mistake, I orginally listed it as a business e-mail but this is not the case. It is a @btinternet.com e-mail address. Whilst I can access it fine via a web browser, installing it on Outlook 2016 & an iPhone is proving impossible. The IMAP/pop3 settings don't seem to work any more?

0 Ratings