Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sumfinkelse
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Adding email accounts to Safe Sender

Hi community

i have a btinternet.com email address which I use for financial stuff.

i am not receiving emails from one specific provider.

these emails are used as part of a device authentication process, when you login they send you an email with a link you click to authenticate a device ( iPad) This then let’s you into your account.

it worked for several weeks then stopped, the provider suggest adding the email address to ‘safe sender’

i Have no idea how to do this on BT email.

I have gone on MyBT portal and looked under the email section but their is nothing about safe senders or spam settings

please help!!!!!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Adding email accounts to Safe Sender

Hi.

Login to webmail using :-

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

Take a look through :-

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53113/~/using-bt-mails-anti-spam-features

where you'll see a section for safe senders.

0 Ratings
Sumfinkelse
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi Andy

thanks for your suggestions.

i went on webmail, settings, but no safe sender/ spam options presented themselves.

I can only assume that these instructions are for legacy Yahoo but mail accounts.

Doesnt seem like btinternet.com service has any safe sender/spam user administration control

Trawled through google/ YouTube/ forums and can find no other people mentioning this issue

Am I missing something?

regards

John

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Are you a BTYahoo email user or a BTMail user? If you are not sure you should log onto your email account and if the BT logo has Yahoo in it it means you are on the Yahoo system.

If that is the case there is no safe sender on that system. There is a safe sender on the BTMail system and it is shown on the above posted links.

0 Ratings