cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
susancs
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

Addressing e-mail in BT webmail

I have recently been unable to add recipients, cc or forward to anyone direct from my Contacts panel when composing or forwarding an e-mail in my BT webmail program.  I can only reply to a specific sender or compose from the Message icon against a specific contact, which makes forwarding and copying nearly impossible.  There now seems to be a + sign (To+:-) and a tab to the cursor.  Any ideas on how to reset so I can add addressees direct from Contacts into messages, as I could previously?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Addressing e-mail in BT webmail

I don't use webmail but have just tried with a test account and clicking on the To+ opens the contact list but clicking 'add' doesn't add the address!!

I will ask if the mods can shed any light.

0 Ratings
susancs
Beginner
Message 3 of 19

Many thanks for testing, I perhaps should have stated that clicking on "To:-" opened the Contacts list but did not insert the selected contact as it used to do.  Hope someone can come up with a solution.  susancs

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

The same happens when I tested however I found that if you open your contacts via the icon in the menu bar and then hover over the contact that you want to email, you will be offered a selection of actions including "send mail". Select that and a new email will open with the contact inserted into the address bar.

Not ideal but it will at least let you send emails until the "problem" is fixed or more likely, not fixed. 

EDIT: Just re read your message. This obviously doesn't help with forwarding etc.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 19

You couldn't make it up!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

When entering the email address that you want to forward to,  just start to type the address into the address bar. It might bring up the contact that you want to send to if you have used the address previously.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

@gg30340 wrote:

The same happens when I tested however I found that if you open your contacts via the icon in the menu bar and then hover over the contact that you want to email, you will be offered a selection of actions including "send mail". Select that and a new email will open with the contact inserted into the address bar.

Not ideal but it will at least let you send emails until the "problem" is fixed or more likely, not fixed. 

But only to one contact at a time, you can't send to multiple contacts that way

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

@licquorice wrote:

@gg30340 wrote:

But only to one contact at a time, you can't send to multiple contacts that way

Yes you can. Once the first contact has been inserted select another area of the address bar and do the same again.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 19

I must be missing something here, once you have opened a new mail to compose you can't do anything with the address bar and you can't click on contacts with a draft mail open to hover over another contact.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

My last few posts were in relation to forwarding a received email not composing a new email. 

I found the same problem when you compose a new email if you use the compose function. 

If you do not use the compose function for a new email but instead go to your contacts via the contacts icon, hover over the contact you want to send to and you will be offered an envelope icon. Click on that and you will open a new email with the contact inserted ready to compose.

If you then want to add more than one contact, select a clear area in the address bar and type the initial of your contact and it will bring up contacts that you can then insert.

It is a complete mess but will as I have said at least let you compose an email.

0 Ratings