cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

All old BT emails missing (10+years worth) and new emails going to bin?

All my BT emails from before 31/05/20 have completely disappeared, and I have no idea what to do - this is well over 10 years worth of emails, most of which are genuinely essential for account recovery, details of previous financial reports etc etc. and it’s now becoming a huge issue and I can’t seem to get a helpful response anywhere other than ‘tough’

Can anyone please explain what might have happened and what I can do to try and get these back?! 

Also many new emails are going directly to ‘bin’ and I have absolutely no idea why, because then they’re deleted within a number of days so I’m also losing important new information! 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: All old BT emails missing (10+years worth) and new emails going to bin?

Have you checked to see if your emails are still on the BT Mail servers by logging onto your email account using a browser. If they are not there it means that they have been deleted and they are not recoverable.

Do you use more than one device to check your emails?

If you do, do you use an email client/app on the devices or do you use webmail (using a web browser)

If you use an email client/app does it use IMAP or POP3?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: All old BT emails missing (10+years worth) and new emails going to bin?

@gg30340 I did check but unfortunately all gone there too. If I go into archive or flagged folders, I have emails going back to 2012, but nothing in the inbox. 

I only use the Apple mail app to access my email, which uses IMAP. I definitely haven’t accessed via any other client that uses POP as I was taught to avoid this many years ago when I lost info on my secondary school email when my laptop hard drive died, so I know I’ve been meticulous with that! 

0 Ratings