cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nigelf1
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

All sent emails deleted

I am on BT Mail. Yesterday all my 'sent' emails were deleted...they have just gone...several years' worth. The ones I have sent since then are showing, but that is all.

How can I get the 'sent' emails back?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: All sent emails deleted

@nigelf1wrote:

I am on BT Mail. Yesterday all my 'sent' emails were deleted...they have just gone...several years' worth. The ones I have sent since then are showing, but that is all.

How can I get the 'sent' emails back?

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Can you confirm you're with BTMail? In webmail if there's a Yahoo image top left, then the account is with BTYahoo, because there's a restore feature in BTYaho :

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/54829/c/7339/?s_cid=con_FURL_help/emailrecovery

However, if you only ever use webmail - it's certainly time to start looking at an app or mail client rather than webmail. A few rerports in these forums have said that they have lost emails in webmail. Having that backup of an app/client is pretty much a must have.

Are they by any chance in a Trash or deleted folder?

0 Ratings
nigelf1
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the comments...no they moved me off Yahoo a few years back and after that it has been downhill all the way. I have checked all my other folders and no, they are not there....I must admit that although having a totally new email address will be challenging for a few weeks/months I think that is the way I will go.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

If your folders are not available via webmail there will nothing any of the members on the forum will be able to do to help.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 24 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @nigelf1,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. 

Sorry that you are having issues with BT Mail deleting your "Sent" emails, I can see how much of a pain this must be.

Do you or have you ever used an email client that could still logged in and downloading your emails in the background and deleting them?

A good way to rule this out is to do a password reset and not update the password on any devices or clients. 

If this doesn't fix the issue please let me know. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings