Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
headcrash
Contributor
Message 21 of 35

Re: Amazon emails blocked

Go to solution

I'm sure other domains are being (incorrectly) blocked.

My general level of inbox items is down and as I said, I used to receive

numerous daily investment alerts. These have now stopped.

Worrying to think what other important email is being lost.

Interesting thread just been opened regarding appearance of old emails, which

might be related to this problem ?

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Old-emails-suddenly-appearing/td-p/1763658

0 Ratings
chamber_boy
Contributor
Message 22 of 35

Go to solution
Of course you know it is you as the end user that is at fault here and not BT so why not start changing your settings and email client etc and save yourself sometime....

Yet again the BT email team seem to be doing there best to shoot themselves in the foot and I'm sure they have now got to chapter 2 on the Running Email services for Dummies book.

Their whole approach here, though laudable in trying to address spam/security, is completely wrong in that they can't seem to understand the difference between real and fake email and at the very least they should put them in our spam folders so we can decide if we want them or not rather than block them out right.
0 Ratings
jane55
Message 23 of 35

Go to solution

I have at last received a promotional email from Amazon. Possibly the whole problem is fixed.

it is interesting that as users we mostly consider BT to be at fault. It is their terrible customer service historically that starts me in that direction and I have had nothing that has made me change my mind. 

Thank you to this forum - it is most supportive.

0 Ratings
headcrash
Contributor
Message 24 of 35

Go to solution

Yes, Amazon promotional email appeared just after 9:30 AM. 

Interestingly at the same time, I also received communication from another

retailer who had also "gone quiet" in the last few days.

I'm convinced BT have badly messed up their spam filtering and have been

blocking legitimate emails for days.

In fact I think it may have even started last week as one email that I was

expecting never arrived.

0 Ratings
fade2po
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 35

Go to solution
Yep likewise recieving emails from Amazon now. Was able to reset my password, and place book orders on audible again. ☺️ Thanks all those involved in rectifying the problems.
0 Ratings
ElMister
Beginner
Message 26 of 35

Go to solution

For info and future reference I would like to make people aware that all order and account related emails from Amazon are also accessible from the Message Centre within the Amazon Your Account page. You need to be signed in to Amazon to use this. This is how I knew there was a problem as messages were available in the Message Centre but were not appearing in BT WebMail, nor my desktop email client (Mac Mail).

0 Ratings
robster1
Beginner
Message 27 of 35

Go to solution

Now working and password changed, still no explanation though

0 Ratings
robster1
Beginner
Message 28 of 35

Go to solution
That was the problem needed to reset my password but couldn't because the password reset email was not getting through.
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 35

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the temporary problems some of you experienced with receiving emails from Amazon.  I can offer a bit more information around this issue.  

Due to recent update in Amazons IP addresses, the high volume of emails received were filtered by our automated anti-spam filters as there was no reputation associated with the IP addresses. 

Amazon became aware of the issue and has taken measures to address this which has fixed the problem.

Thanks

PaddyB

robster1
Beginner
Message 30 of 35

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply, so it was BT Spam Filter that was blocking the emails, maybe it would be better to allow customers to decide what they consider to be spam rather than an automated system, who knows what other emails I have not recieved due to the automated spam filter.

Still at least the issue is now resolved 🙂

0 Ratings