Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chamber_boy
Contributor
Message 31 of 35

Re: Amazon emails blocked

Go to solution

robster1

If you look at PaddyB's carefully worded replay it states that Amazon change their sending IP and Amazon were aware of the issue and took steps to fix the problem so teflon BT wording to say not us mate...

BT if you are going to do IP address filtering then at least do it right and put some resource in to monitoring and making sure it is correct rather than blame others. Note I don't aim that at the likes of PaddyB who are merely passing on the information but those who have designed and half implemented an email system that is full of problems that they can't or are unwilling to fix.

Other tip is if you can't be bothered to run it correctly then let the emails come in and users decide.

0 Ratings
annegray01
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 35

Go to solution

Totally agree.

BT always claim nothing is their fault!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 33 of 35

Go to solution

@PaddyB wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the temporary problems some of you experienced with receiving emails from Amazon.  I can offer a bit more information around this issue.  

Due to recent update in Amazons IP addresses, the high volume of emails received were filtered by our automated anti-spam filters as there was no reputation associated with the IP addresses. 

Amazon became aware of the issue and has taken measures to address this which has fixed the problem.

Thanks

PaddyB

This can't be a new thing, companies changing IP addresses or adding new ones.

The question begs here, what other ISPs were affected by this change? Two other common UK ISP forums don't mention this - indicating not a general problem.

0 Ratings
annoyed-again
Beginner
Message 34 of 35

Go to solution

Hi, just thought I'd mention that today

I got an email from Van Meuwen's customer service stating:

"am very sorry that you did not receive the automated email confirming your order... This is due to a technical issue we are experiencing at present, where by it appears BT are blocking these emails that we are trying to send to our customers, and the matter is under investigation."

So it seems BT continues to block important emails of companies other than Amazon

0 Ratings
headcrash
Contributor
Message 35 of 35

Go to solution
Looks like Amazon emails are being blocked again. My locker pickup code notification never arrived today. Please can someone check Amazon's IP addresses again.
0 Ratings