cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unwina
Expert
Message 1 of 9

Amazon security email blank but when printed to pdf its ok!

So i received a security information email from amazon today but sadly the important body part of the email was not displayed on my BTeMail message area. See screen grab of what the email system shows to me.

PrintedPDFwith correct info (1).JPG

Snip of the BTemail without info.JPG

I had a look under the hood using the view email source option and could see that there was more text in there but nothing i could do seemed to reveal the relevant contents of the email inside the email system.

As a result of trying to report this I printed the email to a PDF and lo and behold the email contents were revealed.

I'm not sure how to pass the pdf to this system to show what is missing so i took a snip(jpg) of the pdf contents and the original email inside BTEmail system.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Amazon security email blank but when printed to pdf its ok!

@unwina 

Your email address is showing on the screen grab, please edit it out as this is a public forum.

If you cannot edit it, the delete the image from your forum gallery, and make a new one with your email obscured.

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Go into the email account settings by clicking on your username at the top right hand side. Scroll down to "Block Images" and make sure that you have selected an option that suits your needs. 

unwina
Expert
Message 4 of 9

@NeilO ,

Thanks Neil, hopefully someone can look at this issue at some point as its a bit weird to say the least.

@gg30340@Keith_Beddoe 

Thanks guys I tried a number of times to get the right formats etc but time was pressing on with grandparents duties etc so i just thought i get enough spam as it is a little more won't hurt in the scheme of things. (Perhaps the eMail systems can sort that bit out too!.)

Anyway hopefully there is something wrong with the system and its not my end browser apps causing the problem. Amazon is not the only one that seems to have issues albeit not quite like the one this email was presenting.

Thanks so far.

0 Ratings
unwina
Expert
Message 5 of 9

@gg30340, thanks

I'm not sure it's an image as when i look inside the email using "View Source" option its mostly text. Perhaps i'm missing a code that turns the text off but its definitely not an image. I'll check out your suggestion though.

Edit: I checked the block images and its set to allow all images. What should i have it set to?

0 Ratings
VeteranISPUser
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

Hi @unwina   Is it white lettering on a white background? What happens if you copy/paste into a simple text editor like notepad with no formatting.

unwina
Expert
Message 7 of 9

@VeteranISPUser ,

Interesting thought I hadn't considered, that said went back and checked the faulty email and it seems that there is not enough space in the slot for the contents that should be displayed. It's more like the email formatter code in Webmail is not recognising the codes that are there.

I would say that there are a number of missed coding in many emails i receive that don't always map as i assume the authors wanted but mostly i can at least get the jist and decide it's not for me. I would say the scammers code seems to fit much better on the ones i have reported of late.

Edit: I think i was being too clever so i went back and copied and pasted it to a text edited and to a degree I think you are right. That said just grabbing it with the left click it does not show at all. the text is there though without any formatting items though.

I give up... Perhaps I could email it to support when they come in and have a look and they can see what it's issue is.

0 Ratings
unwina
Expert
Message 8 of 9

I tried it in opera too and get the same issue, not sure whether opera is using chrome base code these days though.

0 Ratings
unwina
Expert
Message 9 of 9

I have now also tried it in a number of popular web browsers and in particular Mozilla Firefox which is non Chrome based and all are the same the important text does not show at all unless one sends the item to a pdf or knows how to read emails under the hood.

Not really that useful for anyone who needs to know any potential security issues with Amazon ...  I still do not know if this is webmail issue or an amazon issue. Hopefully someone might look at it at some point.

0 Ratings