cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Android Mobile

Go to solution

I have an Android phone and want to use an app that will allow me to use BT Mail  (webmail IMAP) with push notifications etc. I have tried many different apps and all get rejected with something along the lines that 'sync failed, your username  or password may be incorrect (3010). Email server returned: "-ERR Invalid user name or password"' The email is correct and the password is correct. I cannot get beyond this. Tried getting advice from an 02 Guru this morning but he couldn't help. Any advice? Thanks

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Android Mobile

Go to solution

Are you currently a BT broadband customer or do you have premium email?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks - yes broadband customer. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

What app are you trying? Try Blue Mail.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks. Have tried  blue mail without success. Cheers!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

As @licquorice  suggested I use blue mail and have no problems receiving or sending mail from my BT internet email account

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Hi, @DanMeehan Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Do the same login details work on the BT webmail website?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Hi Neil,  Yes, exactly the same which seems really odd that I can't login on an app. Dan

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

@DanMeehan thanks for getting back to me, I've seen similar issues before when the IP address of the connection you're accessing from is on a spammer block list.

Are you currently in the UK and is it only happening via the one broadband connection? If you turn off wifi on your mobile does it work ok? 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Hi Neil

I am in the UK - the south east. I have tried using the same wifi broadband connection as with my desktop. Desktop works but not on the mobile. All other apps work fine using wifi on my home - long standing - broadband basic set-up. I have tried using the data option on my phone - as did the 02 guru yesterday - but still cannot get past the sign in error. Hope all this makes some kind of sense.

Dan

0 Ratings