cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Android Outlook not working with btinternet.com

Go to solution

I have a Samsung S21 and since the update yesterday, I have loss access to my btinternet.com account. I have tried resync and deleted the account which cannot now add. I keep getting the message

Log-in error

Please check your email and password and try again.

I know the password is correct and so are the IMAP and SMTP settings. Outlook is working fine for Window 10.

Any ideas what I can do to resolve issue

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Android Outlook not working with btinternet.com

Go to solution

No idea why Outlook should have stopped working, but Outlook on Android is a complete memory hog and there are much better mail apps.

Try installing Blue mail and see if that is ok.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Not sure what happened but today tried to add back my Btinternet.com account and it was accepted and now working fine

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Glad to hear you got it sorted @Nearly2Children . Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I've been using outlook on android for 3 years to access my bt email, because the bt email app is utterly awful. There may be better apps but outlook has worked well for many years on several different devices and I don't want a plethora of different apps.

I've had the same problem of bt rejection of username or password. If I log in to webmail in my browser, that needs to send me a text for 2FA. Clearly it can't do that in android Outlook.

So trying to improve security has broken my access.

In fact, I'd previously used bt webmail in that browser, but it still needed to send a one-time code for 2FA.

Oh for the old days when BT used yahoo mail and stuff worked and we had disposable addresses. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings