cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Annoying email glitch - cursor keeps returning to top of the page when writing email

Hi,  When I type an email or reply to an email in my BT I keep finding the cursor automatically moves to the very to left hand side of the email whilst I'm composing.  In other words whilst I'm typing it stops and then starts putting text at the top of the page.  This has nothing to do with the mouse or the tracking pad.  It happens every time I type anything longer than 2 sentences.  Does anyone know how to fix this issue ?  Is it something to do with my settings ?  My autosave is 5 mins so don't think it's that.  The glitch is every 30 to 60 seconds  It's driving me mad !  Strangely it's not done it whilst composing this message.  It gets stranger !  Many thanks in advance 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Annoying email glitch - cursor keeps returning to top of the page when writing email

Just for information this forum and the BTMail systems are completly different systems and are in no way connected so problems with BTMail will not manifest in the operation of this forum.

Have a look through this thread regarding the jumping cursor, which so far has no fix other than using an email client or app to access your email account which will also fix all the other problems with BTMail.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/BT-Webmail-Feedback-v2-post-16th-April-release/td-p/2376642

Message 3 of 5

Re: Annoying email glitch - cursor keeps returning to top of the page when writing email

Thank you kindly for your assist here.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Did you ever find a solution to this glitch. It is driving me mad that the cursor keeps jumping to the top of an email and hoping you (or someone) has the answer!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

There is no answer for webmail until BT fix it.

However, the simple fix is to use a mail client (app) such as Thunderbird where all your problems will disappear.

0 Ratings