cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Papajambo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Another email addeess

An incorrect email address was entered on the HM PASSPORT OFFICE application by my daughter in law. The passport office are not very helpful in sorting out my renewal and I want to set up a BT email address to see if that will help move things along! Trouble is, the make a new email address for yourself or a minor will not allow me to use what was incorrectly entered! 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
VeteranISPUser
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: Another email addeess

@Papajambowrote:

Trouble is, the make a new email address for yourself or a minor will not allow me to use what was incorrectly entered! 

Hi @Papajambo   I’ve read that several times and it doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Why will it not allow you?

Incidentally, my passport renewal arrived yesterday, only 20 days from application to delivery. Much better than the 10 weeks they warn you about.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 13

Hi @Papajambo it's possible that the email address you're trying to set up is already in use or has been registered previously by another customer which will stop anyone else from registering it.

Thanks

Neil 

0 Ratings
Papajambo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Thanks I didn’t think of that 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 13

@Papajambo when you type in the email you want do you get an error message?  If the email address is already taken it will tell you.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Papajambo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

The error message was please enter a valid email address 

the incorrect email address entered is r.r.@ but the system won’t let me use or enter that 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

I have tried setting up a test email address and it shows the same error as yours after the third character is entered regardless of what the characters are that are being used.

There would appear to be some sort of fault with the new email address set up system.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about the problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 8 of 13

Hi @Papajambo,

Are you trying to put a symbol before the @btinternet.com part of the email address?

You need to have an alphanumeric character after the dot and before the @ symbol.

To give an example, r.r.123 is fine whereas r.r. is not accepted. 

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

I found that when trying to set up a new email address it did not matter what character I used i.e if I started Abc or Ab1 or any other combination of letters when the 3rd character was entered it gave the error and it would not accept any characters after that.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

I have just tried clearing the history and cookies from my browser and this now lets a new email address be created so I would suggest that you try the same along with the moderator's advice and see how you get on.

0 Ratings