Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wrjxs16
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Another question RE moving email address to different BT account

Hi Mods

I am also going to be closing my BT account and wish to migrate my email address to my sister’s BT account, I have her permission. My account is on BT Yahoo mail, I am unsure if my sister is on Yahoo or BT mail. I have read a previous question and I am aware that I have to make sure that my 2 email addresses can be managed from my BT ID and to add my sisters BT ID via this link?

http://www.bt.com/btmail/emailmanagement       Is this correct? I have not done this yet. My follow up question is once I have done this what is the process from then on? 

I hope that one of the mods will see this at set me right

Thanks in advance Jim

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES
wrjxs16
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: Another question RE moving email address to different BT account

Any reponse from the mods please

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @wrjxs16,

We can look into moving it across for you.

You do need to log into that link for your own BT ID. Once you are in, check to make sure your emails are showing there. You may need to click on "Add to BT ID" and enter your details to claim it. There's a chance that you have already done this in the past. After that, we do the rest.

To get in touch with us, click on my user name and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
wrjxs16
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Hi Daniel

Thanks for the reply. On that link where it asks to "add to BT ID" Do I add my ID or my sisters ID that I am looking to transfer my email addresses too

Thanks Again
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

When you are clicking "Add to BT ID" you are proving that you are the owner. It needs to be attached to your BT ID first. You can only add it to your own account. That will then let us move it from your account to another.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings