Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ColinTiller
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Another user with missing legacy sub-accounts

Hi.

Another user with legacy Sub-Accounts that cannot be accessed through the current Portal.

Could a moderator please pick up this case to relink them with my primary account?

KR Colin

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Another user with missing legacy sub-accounts

Are you a BT Broadband customer or paying doe your email via BT Premium email.

If you are neither of the above it may well be that your email accounts have been deleted.

See link

https://www.bt.com/help/email/why-has-my-bt-email-address-been-suspended-or-deleted-

Are you able to log onto the accounts via this link.

BT Email 

If you are a BT customer you can link your accounts by following this link.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/can-i-move-my-bt-email-address-to-another-account...

0 Ratings
ColinTiller
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Many thanks for the prompt response .

Yes, a long-standing BT account holder and these sub-accounts were set up 15 years ago.  Only became an issue when my daughters account was hacked recently and I wanted to force a Password reset (as used to be possible with the original sub-account management page).

So yes, all accounts (that I can remember) can be accessed using the BT Email link and used that to reset the password of the hacked account.  I have also tried to associate one of my active sub-accounts to the primary, which has worked.  I just don't understand what account these sub-accounts are attached too?  They all still work as POP3 logins and passwords reset using my Primary Account data? 

It would still be really useful to get back to the original Sub-Account management style interface so I can close-down those no longer used - do you know if this is possible?

KR Colin

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

If you log onto your MyBT 

MyBT 

and go to the manage email section do you see all the email accounts there?

You would appear to be on the BTYahoo email system and not the BTMail system. They  "work" in different ways and I am not on the BTYahoo system so I am unable to give first hand knowledge if it is still possible to use the original sub account management interface.

As regards which account your email addresses are attached to, it should be the "master" email account which would be the email account you were first given/set up when you joined BT 15 years ago.  If you need to change passwords on the sub accounts and if you need to enter security questions it is the master accounts security questions that are needed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Mail account management within MYBT is the same for both BTMail and BTYahoo mail.